Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onegirl726 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 02:27 PM
    Breaking lease in Texas-Did not sign lease
    I have shared a house for 15 months with two other roomates. There is a 2 year lease on the house. My name is on the lease with the other two roomates, BUT I did NOT sign the lease. I want to move out because I can no longer stand living with these two roomates. Am I free and clear to leave because I did NOT sign the actual lease or is there an implied intent etc. Thanks for any ideas.
    Imadoptingachild2007 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 03:55 AM
    U can't get out unless u give a 30 to 60 day notice to the other room mates. If u have a key and you pay bills in the home as well then u have to make sure your part is paid cause u don't want to be taken to court for any of these problems that u can get done yourself right!
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Oct 1, 2007, 12:42 PM
    You have a lease. You have lived there for 15 months, acted like a tenant and behaved like a tenant. The property owner can hold you responsible for the terms of the lease

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lease Breaking [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Moncton, New Brunswick Canada. I need to relocate cities due to a work promotion. My lease is Year-to-year renewed. Rent is paid monthly. It states that because it is a year-to-year lease I need to give 3 months notice. Is it possible to get out of a lease early because of a work...

Breaking a lease! [ 2 Answers ]

Please help, I'm desperate. I recently moved into a lower duplex in Wisconsin. The upstairs tenant has been sabotaging the living arrangements. First her cat urinated on many of my belongings in the basement. Then he lays on our patio table- where we eat. Then he waits at our front door and my son...

Breaking a lease [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I lived in Louisiana and had a 1 year lease and he was transferred to Mississippi and I also found a job there. We have only paid 4 months of rent. The lease does not allow sub-letting. The landlord has done nothing to try to rent the place. We have been out about two weeks and we...

Breaking my Lease in WI [ 1 Answers ]

I signed a 6 month lease when I was desperate for an apartment. 4 months later, the other tenants children have broken my bike, the downstairs neighbors are potheads, the landlady is an irresponsible alcoholic. She promised things like that the door would be fixed when we moved in, that she would...

Breaking lease [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Maine and have signed a 1 year lease. My husband and I were able to purchase a home, so obviously we will be moving out. I heard somewhere that once you have fulfilled a 1 year commitment, it doesn't matter if your landlord has you re-sign a lease, you are month to month. I haven't been...

View more questions Search