Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unit714 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 04:51 PM
    Why probation officer waits a year to make home visit
    Why did it take my probation officer a year before she made a home visit,are no drug testing resulting in gun's and 2 joints probation violation
    eyecue Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jan 2, 2010, 05:05 PM

They don't have to follow a schedule. Probation officers are overworked. The fact that it took a year is nothing. The issue with the guns depends on the charges and convictions. The issue with drugs might be a violation if the court said that there are to be no further violations of the law. Better have a good reason for it. Note just because you say that it is not yours doesn't mean that will work. Courts usually take the fact that something is in the house as evidence that you have it if it is your residence.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 06:39 PM

If of course you were convicted for a felony on the original crime, it is a serious crime to have a gun in your home, normally you will or can do at least 5 years in prison for a gun in your home if you are a convicted felon, they may visit anytime you are on probation, most likely someone gave them info that you had these things, they can search without any warrant.

I would say expect to go to prison over this, so you seriously need an attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Parole officer & Probation officer [ 7 Answers ]

What is the difference between Parole officer & Probation officer? If anybody know about this, please let me know.

Can I be a police officer or probation officer with criminal background? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently going to school to get a degree in Criminal Justice. I was looking into different jobs and wanted to know if I could be a police officer or a probation officer with a theft charge and a disorderly conduct charge? Both charges where between the age of 15-17. Thank you for any help !

Can my probation officer say that my wife has to move out of our home? [ 6 Answers ]

I live in Wisconsin. I got married about 4 months ago and have since been put on probation. My probation officer has now told me that my wife has to move out of the home. I have a toddler that she cares for when I work (not her child) this will cause a significant problem and I don't understand why...

How do I make him WANT to come visit me? [ 5 Answers ]

Last night I told my boyfriend I loved him and he said that he cared deeply for me and that it's not that he doesn't love me, but that he can't say it right now. We broke up a couple times this year, and have only been together for nine months. But it still hurts... I mean, how do I reconcile these...

Any Probation Officer out there? [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the exact process for transferring someone from state to state ? We started my husbands transfer 3 months ago . We have reached the stage where the transfer has been submitted to the receiving state . We were told that someone should be coming to our home to verify the...

View more questions Search