Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nlabeare Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 04:47 PM
    Why does our lake-well water leaves oil on dishes
    At our cabin on the lake, our soft-water pump seems ineffective. Our water (both hot and cold) feels greasy and leaves a oil slick on my dishes. The dish soap disappears within seconds. The water has been tested and is "fine." What can I do to keep our dishes clean?
    Nancy A.
    eyecue Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jan 2, 2010, 04:51 PM

What do you mean it is "fine?"
    The test results should show something. You should have a printout that gives specific values for things. Oily water can be from alkalinity or from contaminates. Does the water have a smell? Does it leave rainbows on the top? There is more to this than meets the eye. Make sure you use Dawn detergent to clean with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water stopped in the middle of washing dishes [ 0 Answers ]

I have a moen kitchen with a pull out handle, I was washing dishers and the water stopped. What would cause this to happen?

Cats and their water dishes [ 3 Answers ]

We have a senior cat that when he drinks water out of his bowl he pulls it all over the floor and soaks the place. He puts his paw in it and drags it sloshing the water out of it. We've had to put a towel under the water bowl to soak it up. Our kitten just lightly dips his paw in and pulls it...

Can't wash dishes in COLD water! [ 10 Answers ]

We are having a problem with the water pressure coming out of the left (hot) water valve in the kitchen sink. It has gotten slower and slower every day until now it's almost just a trickle. I am NOT having this problem anywhere else in the house. I had a similar problem in the master bath once in...

Whirlpool washer leaves ring of oil [ 5 Answers ]

My 2 year old Whirlpool washer leaves an oil ring in the washer tub and on the agitator. I know it's the machine leaving the oil because I cleaned the oil ring off after each of several loads of clothes and the oil ring always returned. What is my machines problem if anyone out there knows?

View more questions Search