Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plawler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 04:41 PM
    Kenmore 90 series will fill with water but will not agitate spin or drain
    Kenmore 90 series will fill with water but will not agitate spin or drain!
    eyecue Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jan 2, 2010, 05:07 PM

This is usually due to the wire that connects to the motor under the machine. It tends to wear out and break in half. Drain the unit and lay it down on its back and check the wires that lead to the motor. MAke sure that you have it unplugged first.
    stuartn Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2010, 06:24 PM

You may need a new lid switch.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2010, 11:38 PM

Plawler- There can be (3) simple causes to check first;;#1-The drive belt can be {loose; broken, slipping;#1a- tighten the belt, when it is tightened to proper adjustement, there shouold be no more then 3/4" defelection at center point between the pullys;;#2- Pully on motor shaft loose- #2a- Tighten or replace pully;;#3- Test the "agitator solenoidand spin solenoid;; They are under the tub,but sometimes are on the motor;;#3a- To test them with a VOLT-OHM METER: Set the meter on RX100 scale;; #3b-turn off power to washer, move out from the wall ,remove the bottom access panel.#3c-
    Disconnect a wire from the solenoid,clip the meter probs to the solenoidterminals;; if the meter reads 250 to 1000 ohms, the soleniod is good if it reads higher then it is defective-replace, NOTE-it is recamended that if one is bad replace both-the agitateand spin soleniolds ;; note- on some modles there are no solenoilds and is controlled by the motor:: CHECK the drain pump for stoppage; clean out :: I hope this helps; GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.
    dimo2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2010, 04:02 PM
    Comment on eyecue's post
    There are no loose wires, however, when I replaced the motor (I had to give back the oioginal core) the new motor only fuction on low cycle , The questin is , how do I gugle the wires going into the solonoid so the motor will run on high cycle .THANX

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite washer won't spin\agitate\drain [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 110.20072992 that won't spin, agitate, or drain. I have walked through the diagnostic mode and get no activity except for getting water into the tub. I have scanned forums and run across possible solutions (coupling, controller board) but those are solutions for partial symptoms. I...

Kenmore washer won't drain, agitate or spin. [ 1 Answers ]

It's a Kenmore heavy duty super capacity 110.26322503 1 year and 1 week old. Has been used for only 6 full months and has run good up until last night. Noticed when we took the clothes out they were still very wet. Tried to re- Run the spin and nothing. The machine hums and the lights actually...

View more questions Search