Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldpawpaw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 03:34 PM
    Intertherm furnace e2eb-017hb runs briefly, shuts off, then furnace just clicks
    I have an Intertherm furnace, e2eb-017hb. It comes on briefly, blows warm air, then shuts off, and a clicking sound comes from the coil contacts area. I have tested the t-stat, and also replaced a coil contact, thinking that was the problem. I would appreciate any help on what to do next.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2010, 04:03 PM

Have you tested the contactor to see if it's bad?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 04:19 PM
    Here is your complete manual for your unit. When using this manual for your unit remember this manual is for a few different units so make sure you are looking and reading for your exact unit. See page 29 for your complete wiring diagram.

These units are very simple and usually trouble free but you may check a ferw items.

There is a 6 place plug harness that can be a problem. Take apart and put back together and that usually cleans up the contacts.

There are limit/safety discs controls they can become weak and open up so test those or if you have a good set of service mens jumpers clip the aligator clips on each one at a time to bypass for testing. NOTE do not leave the jumper on since this is for testing purposes only and the test jumper defeats the safety usage of the control.

You can also jump R and W to eliminate the thermostat from the circuit. This will eliminate the thermostat wire and the wall mounted thermostat from the circuit. NOTE if it starts to run normal the jumper for the thermostat can be used until you track down the specific problem but remember the unit will not stop calling for heating when jumpering out the thermostat. Thermostat wiring on page 31

http://www.nordyne.com/Literature/708172a.pdf
    oldpawpaw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 05:06 PM
    To hvac1000: Thanks for the info. Getting back on to it now.
    To twinkiedooter: Thanks also. Yes the contactor tests good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Nordyne model E2EB-017HB [ 2 Answers ]

Unit will not heat. Replace t stat and both magnetic contactors. Have 28 volts to red and yellow on t stat. what else can I check?

Furnace runs then shuts off too early [ 8 Answers ]

My forced air furnace will run for around 5 minutes. Then it will stop but the servo motor will keep running. After another 5 minutes it will fire back up, the fan will kick in and it will start pushing heat. Then it will stop again some times within seconds, sometimes minutes. Does this sound like...

Furnace runs for a few seconds then gas shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old janitrol furnace the kind you have to ligh the pilot then turn the knob for tha main burners to come on. The problems is when I light the pilot it stays lit, then I turn the knob and all the burners light up and it goes for about 10 seconds then its like you went to the gas shut off...

Nordyne e2eb-017HB blower will not stay on more than a minute [ 6 Answers ]

Nordyne e2eb-017HB. Replaced blower motor, capacitor, both fan relays, contactor &, transformer in the inside unit. The compressor and fan outside runs. Inside blower will come on with auto set on t-stat to cool, for about a minute, then shuts off, for another 7 minutes, then comes back on. The...

My intertherm furnace pilot lights but furnace won't kick on [ 5 Answers ]

I need some diagnostic help. We have a full propane tank. A new burner plate (last year) and the blower works. We light the pilot but the knob should pop up after one minute thus lighting the furnace. It won't pop up. What part should we replace? The furnace is a 17 year old Intertherm MGH...

View more questions Search