Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toniflores Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 03:29 PM
    Tail lights and dashboard lights not workingbut brake lights work
    I have a 95 ponitac bonneville, when I pull the switch to turn it on, the headlights only go on. My dash and tail lights will not go on. When I press the brake my dashboard lights go on. When I release the brake the ddash goes back off. Help anyone
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2010, 04:15 PM

Sounds like a bad ground.
    Try your 4 way flashers, walk around the car and tell which work.
    toniflores Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 05:03 PM
    Its not the ground bus, already checked that, checked the fuses all work, my emergency lights all work, are there other ground wires
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2010, 06:08 PM

Hopefully Captainrich or TxGreasemonkey will provide additional info or a schematic for your car.
    Any recent wiring, Stereo, accessories?
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2010, 06:34 PM

Does the dimming work on headlight switch, leaning towards headlight switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tail light, dashboard lights, gear lights not working [ 11 Answers ]

My dashboard , tail lights are not working anymore and I can't figure out why. I gave my car to one of the mechanic and he could'nt figure it out as well. There was a tingy smell coming out of the car after lights went out as if something in the car got fried. Moreover, now he says that whenever he...

96 Dodge Ram 1500 Brake Lights Won't Work. [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone help me, I have a 96 Dodge 1500. The brake lights stopped working and now the ABS and brake lights on the dash won't go off, any suggestions? Thanks.

Tail Lights, Dash and Gear Lights not working (91 Ford Laser) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone here can help. My tail / dash / gear lights are not functioning. My brake and headlights are fine. I have done a little research on a few sites and found out that all 3 are connected to the same fuse, so I checked my fuses. But they look fine (kept reading about how to go...

Tail lights and dashlight won't work on Honda Delo Sol [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 93 Honda Del Sol and the taillights and dash light don't work. The headlights, brake lights and turn signals are working fine. Does anyone have any suggestions... thanks

Tail lights do not work [ 1 Answers ]

1996 dodge dakota, when I pull the headlight switch the headlights come on but no tail,running, or dash lights? Every other light works fine, turn,back up,brake all work I can't figure it out, please help

View more questions Search