Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    02232009 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 10:41 AM
    Why aren't I pregnant?
    Hi! I'm sexually active and I've been wondering why is it my husband doesn't get me pregnant? Considering the fact that I got pregnant before but I had an abortion. What are the factors that might cause this? By the way, my husband also got a little amount of semen can that be a factor to? And lastly, what can be the complications of too much finishing inside. Thanks
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2010, 07:10 PM

There can be a variety of possible reasons as to why it might not have happened yet.
    How long have you been actively trying? For some couples it happens the first time trying, for others it may be a year or so of active trying. Both are perfectly normal.
    Was he the partner you became pregnant with before? Even if you were pregnant before, it can sometimes take time to happen again, and some women find they may even have some difficulty becoming pregnant again.
    The amount of semen may or may not play a role... it can be the condition of the semen, it may be an issue of sperm count or health, it may be vaginal conditions, it may be a tubal issue, it may just be timing, etc..
    If you haven't already, determine when you are most likely ovulating. Consider a prepregnancy visit with your doctor to review your general health... wise for your husband as well. Make any lifestyle changes that you know would be healthy... again your husband should also.
    It is usually not until you have reached a year (6 months if you are 35 or older) of trying before your doctor will suggest possible fertility testing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 07:46 PM

Have both you and husband been to the doctor recently and had a check to see if there are issues.

1. how long have you been trying
    a. it can take a year or more of active trying for some couples, ( others get it on first try)
    2. what methods are you following, are you timming your most fertile times
    3. and of course prior abotions at times can cause more trouble in pregnancy.
    4.even things from diet and more.

First trip to your doctor for check ups and advice on pregnancy
    02232009 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 06:25 AM

I know some facts that alcohol can make sperms immobile... he has high tolerance in alcohol... and he likes spicy foods so much... can that be the factor also? I think we've been trying for about 6months now. My husband was not the one who got me pregnant before... it was my late husband.. so there, we haven't tried asking a doctor's opinion yet because we haven't talked about it yet..
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2010, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 02232009 View Post
    lastly, what can be the complications of too much finishing inside. thanks
    Hello 0:

Finishing inside is good. Finishing outside might be a reason why you're not pregnant.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend is pregnant but the guy who got her pregnant moves on with out her [ 10 Answers ]

My friend lisa got pregnant from her ex and her ex got with lisa old best friend so now she is really loney because her ex is avoiding the situation of her being pregnant. What should she do?

I don't know if I am pregnant I am 9 day late am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know if I am pregnant because I took a pregnancy test and it was -, I have not had my period for going to 10 day I have never been late am I pregnant?

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Could I be pregnant by precum? Its about getting pregnant and having your period [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I am 15, Me and my boyfriend had sort of unprotected sex. Well he did not have a condom on and he was pre-. We had sex before that... And he came a lot! After that he took a shower and got into bed,No condom on but pre-. His penis was on my vagina like on the hole for like 5 min, and he went...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

View more questions Search