Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valkman98 Posts: 69, Reputation: 15

Jan 2, 2010, 10:00 AM
    Why is there doubt.
    I got a question, Why is it after being told things are ok/better that I feel a sort of dred? There is a nagging feeling in me/head that's seams to be waiting for it to fall apart.Why is this. I don't know if it is just me, or what. FYI my "gut feelings" have been way off late so I am thinking I am "thinking" too much. Thanks. Doug.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2010, 10:10 AM
    You probably are thinking too much-if someone tells you it's better and shows by their actions that things are going well,take their word for it.

Jan 2, 2010, 10:26 AM

Ok
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2010, 10:28 AM

I get the same feelings a lot too. I think it is normal in some of us but you should try and fix it and not think that things are wrong. That will definitely make things worse.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 10:46 AM

Sometimes we do think too much, about nothing.

Jan 2, 2010, 10:55 AM

Guess it's the auto tech in me,we never stop thinking.LOL. Thanks .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 12:44 PM

Lol, as a mechanic, yes we are always trying to fix things, and make them work. Girls would be easy if they had a repair manual that you could refer to. HMMMM, now there's a thought.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 11:48 PM

Maybe that sense of dread is simply you protecting yourself from more bad news, or a letdown, or disappointment.

Maybe it means that things might be better or OK now, but there is a pattern of being hit out of left field without warning, and you just know there is more to come.

I have friends who are continuously needy. Get as far as having the problem nearly solved, and then take 10 steps back.

You just could have very good instinct, or insight into patterns of behaviour with certain individuals.

Jan 3, 2010, 03:00 AM

Maybe,? Not a needy person,I just am a need to know type. Just going to let it go and see. Can't change it so I will let it ride and see.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2010, 10:02 AM
    You're right - you can't change it, so you may as well sit back and see if anything bad happens. It's probably just that you're thinking too much and have developed the "what if" syndrome. Good luck - hope it all works out for you.

Jan 3, 2010, 03:58 PM

I think you guys are right, just got back from the Nutcracker ballet, 1st time for both of us and was something she wanted to do. I am remembering all sorts of things here of late. Am going back to her house after I get the kids done and settled,she had some things to do before it got too late, we went to an early show and dinner.If you haven't done the ballet try it was cool. I am a what you would call a "redneck" and that was different. Not a caveman but nascar is cool too. LOL.One thing I am doing this year is tobe less negitive/pessimistic. Think that is were the doom thing is coming from. Man it is COLD here wind from hell,20 degreesF.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I doubt it. [ 6 Answers ]

I do not mean to offend anybody.... But is psychic really real? I think it kind of hard to believe... :confused:

In doubt [ 1 Answers ]

i'm trying to change my a/c thermostat, honeywell - i have connected all wire ecept for the blue and red wire... now there is a slot for rc and rh which i don't know which one to connect too? Please advise " no a/c tonight

Xp doubt [ 1 Answers ]

I use xp operating system... in that I use to get a error in choose program... all my video or audio players name get changed to service manager... what is the problem... y it comes like that... weather I want to format my entire system.. post your answer...

I need help with a doubt I have! [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know if I am going to have children since I have been trying for 3 years now.And if I am how many?Will it be boys or girls?My D.O.B is 12-17-1983. :rolleyes:

View more questions Search