Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    henryr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 08:35 AM
    Invisible flying house pest
    Can someone help please? For months now I have been attacked by flying invisible insects in the basement of my home where I spend most of my time, do to my office being there. It starts around 9pm just after dark they come out, I can feel them crawling on me in my hair, going in to my ears, up my nose. But I can not find or see anything. I have tried to exterminate them with no change at all. Sometimes I feel a small sting as if I have been stung or bitten by one. But there are no marks left to see. Everyone thinks I am going crazy can someone please help ?
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2010, 09:34 AM

Call an exterminator. It may be fleas, and it is hard to catch them in the act sometimes.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 01:14 PM

It may not be insects at all, but environmental. Normally if it's so small that you can't see it then it cannot be felt "crawling."

To eliminate the possibility of insects, try leaving a white bowl of water sitting out overnight under a lamp. The warm water will attract any insects and you may be able to see either them on top of the water or their shadow on the bottom of the bowl.

If you cannot catch anything, start changing your environment one thing at a time.

Make it warmer - do they stop?

Make it more humid - do they stop?

Make it cooler - do they stop?

And so on until you find out what factor stops them.

Secondly, do they cause any other signs of skin irritation, besides the little sharp stings and crawling sensations, such as redness or swelling? If so, you might want to consult a dermatologist.

These sensations are not that rare, the odd part is not being able to identify a cause. You might also want to Google "itch mites," "morgellon's syndrome," and "hives."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Invisible flying, biting, and itching bugs into everything in my home. What is this? [ 42 Answers ]

I need your help in reference to an invisible flying parasite of some kind in my home that is literally killing me by the minute. This invisible parasite is biting and itching me everywhere on the body but it doesn't leave any rashes, bumps, sores, or anything on the skin. However, they do attack...

How to erdicate invisible biting flying insects [ 2 Answers ]

I Don't know the answer?

Pest control (flying squirrels) [ 8 Answers ]

Please help! We've got flying squirrels in our attic, and have had them for over ten years. I've shot some, did the "sav-a-life trap" thing, tried most everything to no avail. I'll take any suggestions. Also, anybody had any luck with the sonic-type sound emmission units for mice?

What are these almost invisible biting bugs in 1 room of our house? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Colorado and for the last year we are getting bites from some invisible flying bugs. We have bombed the entire house, sprayed the front and back yards including the foundation of our house as well. The bites are small raised red bumps that really itch. They seem to bite more at night. ...

View more questions Search