Ask
    WHOALI Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 01:15 PM
    Adding my husbands name to the deed of our home
    I need to know how to add my husbands name to the deed of our home
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 15, 2006, 01:24 PM
    There are a few threads that already discuss this. Basically you have to have a deed recorded that deeds the property from you to both yourself and your husband.

You should check with your accountant for the tax consequences of such a move. A real estate attorney can handle the transaction for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my husbands best friend my soulmate? [ 10 Answers ]

I believe in soulmates, I'm a spiritual person. I believe that everything happens for a reason. And with this one, I cannot figure it out. Usually I can, I'm good at this kind of stuff... but this one baffles me. Ok, my husband met this guy through work and became good friends with him. THis guy...

10 husbands, still a virgin [ 6 Answers ]

A lawyer married a woman who had previously divorced 10 husbands. On their wedding night, she told her new husband, "Be gentle, I'm still a virgin." "What?" said the puzzled groom. "How can that be if you were married 10 times?" "Well, husband #1 was a Sales Representative: He kept telling me...

Add my husbands name to my home [ 1 Answers ]

Do I use a Quit Deed Claim to add my husbands name to my home?

Adding a name on a deed in Virginia [ 1 Answers ]

What are the steps? Do I need an attorney?

Adding plumbing for tub/ toilet to home [ 1 Answers ]

We have an older farm home and are doing some remodeling and wish to add a toilet and a tub to our existing laundry room which consists of a concrete slab. What ideas do you have as to the plumbing applications that we could use to make this work? All the plumbing pipes are in the main portion...

View more questions Search