Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2010, 11:05 PM

Broken heart

You will stop having a broken heart when you put this man out of your mind and form a network of healthy relationships with friends and any family you like.

Take charge of your life and stop worrying about why your ex does the things he does. He is obviously a bad apple. His communications make you miserable. And yet you seem addicted to thinking about him because he pushes you away and pulls you toward him all the time.

Stop taking his calls and stop trying to figure him out. He doesn't matter. Instead think about your work, your hobbies, and how to start making friends. Join a group. It doesn't matter if it's church or a political group that is trying to do some good in the world. Find something to do that is of interest to you and make some friends while you are at it.

Time to change your life!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2010, 05:04 AM

Are you not insulted yet, he is trying to make you his mistress??
    broken_ heart Posts: 201, Reputation: 22

Apr 16, 2010, 06:24 AM

To which he will never succeed, I never reply to any of his messages or calls. I have checked with the service providers, they don't provide the message blocking service.
    At a time a loved him more than anything and it really surprises me how he can do such things. But now nothing is left. He will never succeed in his intentions.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2010, 06:36 AM

Change your phonenumber.

I would speak to a solicitor/lawyer and ask them to write him a letter telling him his communications are not wanted.

You need to get him completely out of your life.

May 26, 2010, 12:42 AM

Next month, he will be married. After getting guidance from you and knowing all his intentions, I was having a hope somewhere that he will back. But now its gone completely. Today, I have no hope. But I am glad that I did what all you guys advised me of going no contact with him. It saved me a lot. Yes, I sometimes feel lonely and cry while remembering him but the pain of losing him has very much reduced. Now I attend all the parties, meet my friends and able finish my tasks.
    Thanks to you guys. You have really helped me when I was alone.
    Thanks from my heart.

Aug 7, 2010, 12:27 PM

He tried to talk to me soon after coming from his honeymoon. I simply avoided him as I was doing earlier. But he is still trying to talk and his attempts are not so frequent, he usually take 10 to 12 days every time. I found him checking my profile on public websites. I don't want to talk to him. Should I tell him clearly this thing again? Or my silent avoidance is enough for sending him this message? I can't express how I am feeling these days. I feel fine when I am around people or busy in work. But the moment I am free, my mind get diverted to his thoughts and cry a lot. Sometimes I want to kill myself and sometimes I want to kill him. But these feelings come and go. Please help me to come out of this. I have already lost my precious years to him and I don't want to repeat this all over again.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2010, 01:08 PM

Dear Broken Heart,
    I am so sorry you are still suffering. I hope it's obvious how unfaithful he is (or is planning to be) to his new wife, trying to contact you when he has just married. He should be ashamed of himself, yet clearly he is not. He feels entitled to marry one woman while STILL trying to string you along and get you to be his mistress. What a jerk.

You definitely should not talk to him about this. Continue No Contact.

Whatever you can do to eliminate your knowing what he is doing, you should do, including blocking him electronically and changing your phone number.

I am concerned that you are depressed. I'm glad you have friends and that that is helping, but if you are having thoughts of killing yourself you need to get help. It's hard for me to tell from your post how serious these feelings are. If they are just angry fleeting thoughts, that's one thing. But if you have actually made an plans, you should talk to a counselor. Do be careful what you say, however, as they can lock you up for saying you want to kill yourself (or him), even if you know you are not serious. (If you are, don't do it! )

Either way, start reading about depression and doing what you can to alleviate yours. The basics are to get regular sleep, regular exercise, have good daily structure and routines, and to take control of things in your life. Don't let things just happen to you; decide things yourself actively. Make plans for your future that make you feel engaged and happy.

You are well rid of this man and if you can see this as a fresh beginning and not worry about the "wasted years" you'll be able to move forward. After a certain age, most people have wasted some amount of time with the wrong partner or in the wrong job. There are usually good memories and bad ones, but the point is to learn what you can from it and move forward, not waste time beating yourself up over a mistake. My sense is that you were pretty innocent in all this. It was not your fault in any way. I seriously doubt he "chose" her because she's a better person, but because she was more convenient in some way. You are really lucky you did not marry him! Congratulations! You will find someone who is a better person. Meanwhile, you need time to rediscover happiness.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2010, 06:03 PM

Know that you are better off.

All I know is that I don't wish to be, talk to, see someone that doesn't want me.

Hes shown that. No more reasons to waste anymore of your precious time on him.

And contacting you after his honeymoon. Geez, what balls.

Just stay NC. You life will be so much better without these lies & drama.

Good luck. You can do it & will get through this a way stronger person. Hopefully for good people that can recognize it.
    kaka67 Posts: 261, Reputation: 200

Aug 7, 2010, 10:17 PM

Please change your phone number.

Every time you get a call and message from him its like a needle prick to your heart and soul.

Get off the "emotional rollercoaster" and cut ALL contact.

Trust me when I say it does help. I changed my phone number after I ended it with my ex of 13 years and it has helped immensely.

If you don't want to change it, ask yourself why?

Aug 7, 2010, 11:34 PM

I don't have any plans of killing myself or him, it just a feeling that comes when I lose control of myself. I would have done it long before, if I want it. But I have learnt to fight with life and unfortunately it's the toughest battle till date.You said that I have no fault in this, of course I have.. I have fault of loving him and trusting him blindly, of giving him right to torture me, to use me.
    You said he chosen her because she is a better person.. yes she is. She belongs to a very rich family.. and what I learned during our relationship he always gave priority to money. Money was the first priority in his life. He broke up with me soon after I lost my job. I came to see his wedding and honeymoon pics unexpectedly from somewhere, I never expected. They don't have a physical match. I don't know the girl personally, and I don't want to comment on how she is as a person? But I don't think this could be the only reason. She must be a better person.
    And one thing is sure she is also being cheated. Whatever his reason was of leaving me doesn't matter to me now.
    I am trying my best to come out of all this with all time failure. The torture he gave me, I can't stop myself of reminding the things he said to me, the emotional blackmailing he did.
    I don't know how long it takes. Will I ever be able to live a better life with some better person? I am scared of getting into any kind of relationship. I don't want to get hurt again.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2010, 11:55 PM

"you said that i have no fault in this, of course i have"

Yes. Its take two.

"You said he chosen her because she is a better person.."

Nope, that's not true. That's in your head right now. Totally false.

" I came to see his wedding and honeymoon pics unexpectedly from somewhere, i never expected. They dont have a physical match.

Not for you to decide. Hes married. Stop looking or hunting for reasons. Comparing. Its done for you & he. Face facts.

Unexpectedly, c'mon.

He married another girl. What else do you need to know?

"I am trying my best to come out of all this with all time failure."

That's the opposite of what you should be thinking.

People don't always work together, change their minds, have blinders on, want other things. Whatever.

That's life.

The reasons don't matter. Only if you look critically & use the facts to help you later.

Its for you now to accept the facts, don't blame anyone & rise above this, so you can be better. Understand yourself, your goals, skills and how to get you there.

Believe me, this all sucks. I know your pain. But this pain you feel, is yours. Not his or hers.

Let him go, he's made his decision.

Now its time to go NC, and rebuild yourself. One that will be 1000 times better.

You can dwell, be hurt, sad, obsess, or, you can say screw this.

Your decision.
    lonely2010 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Aug 8, 2010, 12:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by broken_ heart View Post
    its been a long time now that we broke up. he dumped me for an another woman and is engaged with her and is going to marry in few months. he always says that he wants to be friend with me and shows interest in getting physical with me. as per the advice received i stopped talking to him. he also did stop calling me and messaging me. i tried but its really difficult for me to forget him after such a long period of relationship. i am very sure that i am in love with person and i think can't love anyone else again like this. i really really want him back in my life but see no way. last time when i called him few days back he again showed the same interest and said he wants to meet. should i go and meet him? i dont want any nonsense realtion (without any commitment) but i do want to win him forever. is there any way i get my love back from this another woman who is his fiancee now?? or should i accept the fact that he is gone forever??? i dont want to spoil anything but its becoming really difficult for me. every 24 hours he is in mind. i have lost almost everything in my life (no interests) i dont know what to do??? please help me and advice me how can i get back him and if its not possible how can i get over him?
    :eek: get rid of him. From what your text, I guess he doest love you anymore. Just want get sth from u.. . just wants u.
    U won't get love from him.
    So leave.

Aug 8, 2010, 01:23 AM

I am on NC from a pretty long time, its only him who always come and tries. I changed my no. because of him. But he never stopped, he always find a way to contact me. Its all over and I have accepted this. But I think he needs to understand this. I am not a doll with whom he can play.
    Yes, I saw his pics but that was purely a coincidence not my intention. Why I would want to hurt myself? I only want to move on and get settled in life. But his interruptions like this made me mad. He never let me. I never tried to know about his life, I don't want to ruin my life. Its true that I still feel the pain but I never let it come out in front of him. I hate them both.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2010, 01:38 AM

Doesn't sound like it to me.

NC is zero contact. That means nothing. Block him. Do whatever to remove him.

If he wants to try, then there is no one on the other end.

Get it?

You are the invisible woman.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Aug 8, 2010, 01:48 AM

You have spent so long trying to work out why he acts the way he does as though that would give you closure. The fact is he gets something out of the games he plays with you, we don't know what, a boost to his ego maybe. It doesn't matter. The point is he wants to keep taking something from you without giving anything worthwhile back. Why aren't you angry enough to slam the door in his face (not just literally but by being completely unavailable to his messages and emotionally unavailable to him)?

Think how much time and energy you are giving to this man by constantly thinking about him and going over and over this. Reclaim your time and your energy! Spend it on yourself. Don't waste a single second reading one of his messages. This is your life and you have given enough to of it to this. Start living it for you.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2010, 01:58 AM

So true.

He used you & keeps on doing it.
    But only because you've let him & keep letting him.

I wonder what his wife would think if she knew he was still contacting you.

Let her deal with that mess now. Your free, thank yourself.

I was with an extreme user recently. And stupid not only to get with her, but to allow her to use me.

Now Im glad, after all the pain & lots of it after the fact.

We can judge all we want, but we are all human. Built with the capacity to love, give and recognize what does & doesn't work.

We all need lessons sometimes. Makes us better people.
    kaka67 Posts: 261, Reputation: 200

Aug 8, 2010, 01:58 AM

How is he getting your number if you have changed it?

I have told everyone not to give my number out. That is the decision I make for myself.

You need to make it clear to everyone around you that you do not want him in your life so don't give him your number.

If he is getting your number doing dodgy stuff then you need to get a lawyer to draft a nice letter to Mr & Mrs XXXX telling him to leave you alone or you will take it further.. i.e. the police.

If you don't take a stand you will always be the "victim". Maybe that's what you want?
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2010, 07:56 AM

Actually, I was saying she was probably not a better person, but just more convenient. And money is exactly the kind of thing I meant. She is unfortunate enough to have enough money to attract a man like your ex. Poor thing.

I do not think you are at fault for having been susceptible to manipulation. You have learned to be wary. The trick is to be aware of how some people behave without letting it keep you from loving. You let your brain guide your heart. I know you are still hurting, especially right now, with this fresh round of little torments, but you will heal with time.

Don't plan to wall yourself off from another love. In time, you'll be ready. There's no rush now. Give yourself time to process what you've learned and recover from the humiliation this man put you through. I assume you are still young, 20s? and there are many honorable men who would never behave like this.

By the way, have you been able to get another job? Being unemployed can make a person depressed, all by itself.

Aug 8, 2010, 01:46 PM

QLP- I don't know what he gets by doing all this. He is getting all from his wife then why? I don't have any answer for this. You are right, my thoughts always remain in our good and bad memories. And this is the thing I want to get rid of and I don't know how. I am trying. I just want him out of my life and out of my thoughts.
    Vanheart - You said what her wife would think if she knew he is still contacting me. Its going to be a complete surprise for her. Because she doesn't know about our relationship at all. She is not aware of anything.
    Kaka - I don't have any idea from where he got my no.
    Asking - I am in my mid 20s. I got a job few months back, but then I came to know that he is living near to that place and I didn't join. I was afraid of him. I thought if I join there, he will make my life miserable. I am still looking for work and thinking of relocation. I am waiting for my parents approval over this.
    And about any relationship, I am really very scared to get into one. My parents want me to get married but I think I need some time so that I can make myself ready for the person I will marry. Why some other person suffer because of me? And one more thing is disturbing me about marriage and that is how I will tell the guy about my relationship with this man. Should I tell him or not? If yes then to what details. I don't want to cheat on any person by hiding these things.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 02:45 PM

One thing at a time. Get him out of your life, and heal from his actions to get beyond them. Don't be afraid of him, because he has no power over you, because he knows if you tell his woman he is engaged to, that he is harassing you, it will cause problems. He wants you to be afraid, ashamed, and most of all silent.

When he contacts you, tell him to leave you alone, or his woman will be told, and end the conversation. Don't look back, because he may be a psycho NUT.

Do you have a friend to talk to who can support you?? Talk to you? Listen to you?? That's what you really need right now, a trusted girlfriend, or female whom you trust.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have accecpted the fact that me and my ex is over but I still think about her every [ 10 Answers ]

I need a little help here. My ex broke up with me about two months ago. It was a really nasty break up. I did the whole let's try to work it out thing. The begging, the phone calls the whole nine. I recently stopped contact with her, but each time I get close to not thinking about her she calls,...

Etiquette, after the fact [ 1 Answers ]

An acquaintance's husband passed away a month ago and now they are sending an announcement for a memorial service and reception. What is the proper etiquette for sending flowers or a remembrance?

Missed Periods in spite of negative EPT Tests [ 2 Answers ]

I'm really worried as I've missed 2 periods and even Ept tests are showing negative. Is there any point of concern. Can anyone help me out?

After The Fact [ 3 Answers ]

My children were taken and my rights were taken.My dad said that no matter how long there is always hope of bringing them home.Is that true?Is there a point were there is absolutely nothing you can do at all?

View more questions Search