Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akimmy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 10:31 PM
    Can felons receive passport?
    I am seeing all the posts on felons getting passports and all... but have things changed dramatically, cause friends of ours told us not to bother... one of them has felony drug convictions and they just denied him. I have only one charge from 96 and plead 1st offender but my Husband on the other hand has many drug felonies. He isn't on probation anymore however? Well..
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 09:28 AM

If the case is closed, no trial pending, no probation, etc. You can obtain a passport... no problem, but you may not be able to enter many countries on a visa waiver program. So you would need to apply for a visa for every country you want to go.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 09:40 AM

Any one can get a passport, unless you have a open trial or a warrant out for you. It is merely a ID, it is the visa to travel that is the issue, many nations will not allow you to go there. The passport is a ID, the visa allows you to go there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I receive my wife [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am from india I have one problem about receiving my wife’s passport. I got love married AND I registered my mrg in court. But my wife’s father is not happy with our mrg and we have no relation with him. My wife leaves their fathers house without any luggage and hers educational certificates...

Passport 4 felons [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is a convicted felon, would he be able to get a passport?? I am from England and want him to travel to my home country.

Can I receive my passport if on probation? [ 2 Answers ]

I will be placed on 1 yr non judicated probation in Tx for burglary of a building next week. Long story but really I'm no thief. However I was in wrong place at wrong time. I have been planning a trip to Turkey early next year and was just planning to turn in my passport application next week. I...

Can felons receive a passport [ 2 Answers ]

Can a felon receive a passport.

Can felons receive a passport [ 1 Answers ]

Can a felon receive a passport.

View more questions Search