Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DGMcCoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 05:20 PM
    Thermostat trouble
    I am changing a Janitrol thermostat to a hunter thermostat the wires are colored r y g w
    For the old thermostat I hooked the R to rh with a jumper to rc Y to y g to g and w to w
    When calling for heat the fan will not come on when calling for a/c the fan works the fan will also work in manual any suggestions would be great
    jdgriffith18 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 05:55 PM
    How many wires do you have in your wall normally its one wire with 4 to 12 little wires inside start there then go to the furnace and look at the wires in the furnace if it's a heat pump then it's a little more tricky for someone who doesn't know what their looking at you need to find the wire in the furnace that is coming from the t-stat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble replacing one digital thermostat with another. [ 7 Answers ]

I currently have a Carrier TSTATCCSHP01 which I am replacing with a Crestron CHV-TSTATRF. On the Carrier, the wiring is: (W) is connected to white wire (G) is connected to green wire (R) is connected to red wire (C) is connected to black wire (Y) is connected to yellow wire (O) is...

Trouble installing a new home thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble installing a new home thermostat. Any help would be apperciated. I am going from a Robertshaw 9420 to a Hunter 44260. My AC unit is a Goodman CPLE30-1A which I think is a single stage heat pump but I'm not positive. Both thermostats say they run off 24V. The wires coming...

Thermostat trouble [ 1 Answers ]

I have a honeywell rth6300b thermostat. I have installed it but I can not get the ac to come on. What should I do.

Trouble installing honeywell thermostat [ 6 Answers ]

I have a very old thermosat that has six wires hooked up to it now. It is labeled 2-white wire 0-brown wire B-blue wire R-red wire Y-yellow wire G-green wire The honey well thermostat I bought has 5 connections Rh, Rc, W, Y, G with it only having 5 and my current has 6 is this thermostat...

Heat pump thermostat trouble [ 4 Answers ]

When I place my thermostat in cool setting it runs for a couple of moments with cool air. Then the emergency heat light comes on and unit blows hot air. The thermostat remains in cool setting.

View more questions Search