Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ABQ cat friend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 02:08 PM
    Kitten drooling and tongue
    Male feline, 6 months old, grey tabby, was abandoned in my neighborhood in Albuquerque about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Neighbors took him in, keeping him in garage with dry kitten food and got a negative result from a vet for feline distemper.

I stepped in to provide new home for kitten inside. Have two other grown cats and all are getting along well, receiving the new kitten into the home.

New kitten was obviously trained to use a litter box. Has been eating a lot of food. Some dry and a little tuna only during this transition time to a new home. Water and low-fat milk. Sleeping well and talks a lot when awake.

Will set up his new patient chart with vet this coming week. Symptoms I am seeing now, after having been in my house two days and nights is excessive drooling. His tongue does not look swollen. Only thing I could find as a possible reason, was liver problem.

Could this not be normal with such a dramatic change coming in from being dumped outside and kept in a garage and now being inside, sharing environment with other cats. He does drink a lot of water.

Cat Friend
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2010, 02:38 PM
    Cats can drool with stress, but I would be thinking about something like an oral issues.
    Be sure to get him tested for FIV/FELV when he goes to the vet.
    Is he eating?
    lovebird120 Posts: 110, Reputation: 11

Jan 5, 2010, 05:18 PM

I know a cat that drools, he drools when he's happy and getting scratched real good...
    (he also gives big wet kisses when u ask for one)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat has swollen tongue, excessive drooling [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone please help me with a question. My cat has been drooling excessively for the past 24 hours and we just opened her mouth and saw that her tongue was swollen. We plan on taking her to the vet tomorrow morning, but would like to comfort her tonight. Would benadryl help reduce the...

Where can I find tongue spacers so I don't always have to wear a flashy tongue ring? [ 9 Answers ]

I love my tongue ring but I don't always want to wear and I have to work where I can't have tongue ring. Does anyone know any common stores that have them. Because I can't find them.

Tongue Piercing, white tongue, ulcer spot? [ 3 Answers ]

Pierced it 5 days ago. Situated in front of the pierced hole, there is what appears to be an 'ulcer' type looking spot. Can anyone shed some light for me please?:(

Why is my dog drooling [ 4 Answers ]

My dog twisted her leg,will this cause her to drool?

Sick kitten, swollen tongue, excessive salivation [ 6 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me what might be wrong with my kitten? He's lethargic, tongue continually sticking out of his mouth, with excessive salivation. He's about 2 and a half months old +-, and these symptoms started a few days ago after he accidentally got left in the garage without food or...

View more questions Search