Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shopgirl_72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 12:11 PM
    Old Harlequin romance novels
    Hi everyone,

I've been searching for an old Harlequin (or possibly Silouette) romance novel that I think was called, "For Better or Worse". The male character's name was Brock. The ghist of the story is that his company takes over this smaller firm and he finds out that the secretary has embezzeled money to take care of her mother. He gives her an ultimatum - marry him or face the authorities. She agrees to marry him and eventually she realizes she's in love with him, leaves him and has a child... he falls in love with her and spends months looking for her, etc... etc...

It was the first ever romance novel I had read (back in my early teens) I'd love to have a copy of it. Still not sure if the title is correct and I can't remember who wrote it.

Hope someone out there can help!

Cheers!

M.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 1, 2010, 12:56 PM
    You might see if the book For better or Worse by Linda Randall Wisdom is the one you are thinking of. It is a Candlelight Ecstasy Romance from 1984 (#249).

Unfortunately, I haven't found a synopsis on-line to be able to be certain.

Good hunting.
    Shopgirl_72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 11:21 PM

Hi Cat - thanks for that suggestion... I did look up the Linda Randall Wisdom and checked out the cover of the book and it's not the one I'm thinking of... the woman on the front cover of the book I'm thinking of had pale (almost white) hair and had this very sultery looking expression on her face while looking at "Brock" LOL... funny how I remember the cover but can't for the life of me remember the author or the title of the book... I think it was entitled, "For Better or Worse" but I could be wrong. Thank you +++ again for your suggestion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old Harlequin romance novels [ 3 Answers ]

I used to read Harlequin romance novels when I lived in the US, but I left all my books behind when I moved to Europe approx. 10 years ago, but there were a few of the stories that stuck out in my head, but I don't remember the names of them. If anyone could help me, or direct me to where I might...

Old romance novels [ 6 Answers ]

I enjoy reading the old mills and boon or harlequin novels. My favorite author is Sara Seale. Can anyone give me names of some of the other older authors. I don't enjoy the ones that have explicit sexual encounters. I enjoy the ones that are clean and wholesome. Can anyone help. Thanks

View more questions Search