What's my refund if I mad 43,000.00 with two children and head of household
    lakishe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 11:00 AM

Can anyone tell me
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 1, 2010, 11:09 AM

Well,
    What was the withholdings, during the year, do you have enough deductions to itemise or do you take standard deductions.

If you had little or nothing withheld during the year you may get nothing or even owe, if y ou had more taken out you get refunds.

It is not income and number of children it is 1000 factors that go into effect
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 01:19 PM
    FR Chuck hit it on the head! I cannot give you the accurate refund if I do NOT know what was withheld.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions on filing head of household on taxes [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my fiancé and I moved in together in mid June 2008. We both pay 1/2 of the household bills. I have 2 dependent children that live with me. I divorced (05/08), and suppport my kids without child support. My fiancé has 2 children he has joint custody of, but his ex will be claiming them on her...

H1-B Taxes Head of household or single [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I will be obtaining an H1-B visa and am currently under the F1 OPT. My employer currently deducts federal taxes under the status "head of household". My correct status, I think, is single (as I have no dependent and I am living with my fiancée). This isn't really important now since the...

NY State Taxes- IT 201 Head of Household- ITIN needed for spouse? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi- I am a Resident Alien filing my NY State taxes (IT-201) and my status is Head of Household. I will be claiming my child as my qualifying dependent. My wife is a non-resident alien and does not have an ITIN yet (she also has no US income). Since I am filing Head of Household, do I even need...

Filing taxes as head of household [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I wrote a Question about how should I file my taxes, and some of you said that I could file head of household and claim my son who lives with me cause he is mildly retared and get a SSI check. Okay now Just out of I'm wondering I called the IRS, the lady on the phone said that I could file...

All taxes paid back if made less than 20,000 in nj? [ 1 Answers ]

On my New Jersey state tax, if I made less than 20,000 I don't have to file a return. If I do, will they give me back everything I paid in because I made so little? Or does it not work that way? -thank you so much for the help

View more questions Search