Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2006, 10:28 AM
    Spiders are coming in my house! Help!
    HI,
    The weather is getting cold and I am finding spiders inside my home - several different kinds. What can be done? My house is sprayed every three months by a professional, he was here last month and treated the yard and house, and knocked down webs around the outside, but these spiders are becoming a nuisance and scaring my children and I.
    We did some major cleaning when we first started seeing them to avoid attracting them to their favorite hiding spots, but it seems like they're quite happy to just take up home in or on our ordinary stuff, or walls and ceiling. Please, I need some suggestions.
    Thanks,
    Kae
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Nov 15, 2006, 10:32 AM
    I've had the same problems but with sentipedes (sp?). I was told to watch were I see them the most. I seen them the most in my bathroom. Mostly by the toilet area. I took some clear caulking (sp?) around the floor board and the floor. That seem to have cleared it up. I haven't seen them little boogers in sometime.

Just a suggestion!
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2006, 09:31 PM
    Thank you,
    I'll give that a go.
    Kae
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 16, 2006, 06:44 AM
    I've been told by a person from a pest removal company that a spray consisting of 8 oz of distilled vinegar mixed with 1 tbsp of oil of coconut (available in health food stores, melted in a microwave) will repel the spiders. You have to spray it about every 3 months or so. You spray outside the house, particularly near windows, and also spray the basement.

He got this recipe from a book by Myles Bader called "1001 All-Natural Secrets to a Pest-Free Property". It's available at bookstores and online but I haven't gotten around to ordering it yet so I can't tell you how effective it is.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2006, 06:13 PM
    Thanks Lisa
    I'll definitely mix some together. I already have both ingredients. The coconut oil I have, is just that - oil. It does not melt. Do you mean heated in microwave, or do I need a different king of product?
    Anything is worth trying!!
    Thank you so much!
    Kae
    Expert

Nov 16, 2006, 06:17 PM
    It might have been extract of coconut. They wrote down the name of the book and author for me but they didn't write down the ingredients for the spider spray, so I'm trying to rely on memory. It was definitely some form of coconut mixed with distilled white vinegar. They said the coconut stuff comes in a jar that's like a cream or paste but can be melted in the microwave into liquid form.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2006, 06:34 PM
    Hey! Thanks!
    I think I know exactly what you mean now.
    It's called creamed coconut, it's in a hard block and you melt it.
    Awesome!
    Thanks again
    Kae
    Expert

Nov 16, 2006, 06:41 PM
    Let me know how it works! Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Getting rid of spiders [ 13 Answers ]

Any one know a good way to get rid of spiders.We mostly have little redish brown spiders in the house and outside we get some pretty big red spiders That make big webs.We have a lot of daddy long legs,thou they do not really Bother us that much.They pretty much stay out of the way but the big red...

AC/Heater not coming on.. [ 1 Answers ]

I got home from a long trip and nothing seems to work. I can't switch on either the AC or the Heat from the thermostat. Cannot get it to turn on from Auto or from On positions. Help? Any suggestions?

View more questions Search