Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Quanah Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 08:38 AM
    I would loike to know if a major brand TV manufacturer makes Dynex tv's?
    I would like to know what major brand TV manufacturer makes Dynex tv's, if any?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2010, 08:45 AM
    Dynex is Best Buy's house brand. There are manufacturers that make appliances for other companies. Even if it is a major manufacturer, its manufactured under Best Buy's specs to get a lower price.

Also, they may not all come from the same manufacturer. Best Buy may contract with different manufacturers from time to time.

Jan 1, 2010, 08:45 AM

Forgot to mention that was a LCD Dynex TV.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2010, 10:05 AM

Different parts come from different manufacturers. And as Scott mentioned, yes they are Best Buy's brand. I don't believe this year's model is from a "major brand". But many of the parts are from the same company that other basic TVs get their parts, like Synvania, Durabrand, Westinghouse, etc.

The Insignia models are usually a step up, and what's cool about them, is that they come with a 2 year warranty through the store.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2010, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by FadedMaster View Post
    Different parts come from different manufacturers..
    Forgot you were Geek Squad. Do you know if BB has their own assembly plant or do they outsource it?
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2010, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Forgot you were Geek Squad. Do you know if BB has their own assembly plant or do they outsource it?
    All outsourced. Unless things have changed since I last read up on it, each year BB puts out a bid and takes a look at the results, the one that can bring us the best quality for the best price is the one that is chosen. It's pretty neat though, the company takes a look at feedback too. So over the past three years I've worked there, the Insignia brand has really flourished.
    pete in plano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2010, 10:33 AM
    I asked a tech at Best Buy and they said the screens on Dynex and Insignia are made by LG (only 3 manufacturers for LCD glass out there). The electronics for the Dynex is Sharp and for Insignia is Samsung. So if you look at Sharp and Samsung branded TVs, the Samsung is usually more expensive and has a little better specs and more features. Thus the difference in Dynex and Insignia. As well as 2 year warranty on Insignia and 1 year on Dynex. I bought a 40" Dynex last night, 1080p, 60hz, on sale for $449. Picture looks the same as the rest of the panels in it's class. The big difference was the "tweaks". You can't skip unused inputs, or label the inputs. You can't label channels, but the standard broadcasted info is available. But for the price, it is a great picture and the sound is great, too!

Feb 13, 2010, 08:32 AM

Thanks for the reply pete in plano, The main reason I wanted to know was so I could program my Directv remote to adjust the volume and mute, etc. I tried to program the Directv remote for a Sharp TV and LG, neither worked. Also tried Samsung, didn't work either. Not really much of a big deal... I'm pretty used to juggling remotes. Thanks again for everyone's input!
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanah View Post
    Thanks for the reply pete in plano, The main reason I wanted to know was so I could program my Directv remote to adjust the volume and mute, etc. I tried to program the Directv remote for a Sharp tv and LG, neither worked. Also tried Samsung, didn't work either. Not really much of a big deal...I'm pretty used to juggling remotes. Thanks again for everyones input!
    Try Sylvania codes Orion sometimes works too.

Feb 16, 2010, 08:04 AM
    Try Sylvania codes Orion sometimes works too.
    Well, I tried Sylvania and Orion codes... sorry to say they didn't work. Thank you for the suggestions.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanah View Post
    Well, I tried Sylvania and Orion codes...sorry to say they didn't work. Thank you for the suggestions.
    Which model do you have and what remote are you trying to program? I might be able to get the exact code for you.

Feb 17, 2010, 08:20 AM
    Which model do you have and what remote are you trying to program? I might be able to get the exact code for you.
    Dynex 26'' LCD TV- #Dx-L26-10A
    The Directv box is the newer one, (they replaced our old one about 5 months ago, new box, new remote), would like to use the Directv remote almost exclusively.

Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 10:16 AM

Try 10463 for the TV code if you haven't already.

I would also try some Emerson codes if that doesn't work. I'll be around that specific model tomorrow (depending on how my day goes). And I'll grab a DirecTV remote and give a few codes a try and find one for you. I'm sure there's one out there. I've programed that remote for the 42" model before and I'm fairly certain they use the same codes.

EDIT: Emerson codes: 10154, 10236, 10463, 10180, 10178, 10171, 10019, 10177, 10623, 10179, 10038, 10039, 10185, 10280, 10282, 10451

Feb 18, 2010, 05:14 PM

I tried those codes and another 26 codes that came up on the screen, then I realized I was trying to program it with the Directv remote set on "AV1". I thought that's what I had done a year or so ago with the old box. I will try again with it set on "TV". I will go back and try the Sylvania and Orion codes, then all the Emerson codes if I have to... feelin' a little foolish right now. I'll let you know if it works.

Feb 19, 2010, 07:21 AM

Well Fadedmaster, I tried the Orions codes first, after moving the switch to TV, and it worked with the second code, 10463. Well kind of glad to get the one dumb thing that I allow myself per year, out of the way, hahaha, Thank you very much, I appreciate it tremendously. Have a great day.
    JILLKEV1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 03:51 PM
    Comment on Quanah's post
    We're in the same boat Quanah. My husband's upstairs trying this right now. Did you get any results?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the best brand or manufacturer of glutathione? [ 3 Answers ]

I had seen different brands of glutathione in magazines. Some in the form of tablets and others in the form of capsules. There are also made from japan, china, germany, etc. it says there that it helps whitens your skin and I'm real interested about it. I would want to try taking it but I don't...

Have a brand new carrier perf93 gas furnace that makes LOWD humming sound when on. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm told nothing is wrong with the unit. It was billed as a very quiet machine however it is so lowd it disrupts my living area. The intake vent is right between dinning room and living room. Have to speak up if it come on - TV volume has to go up because the humming motor sound is so loud. In...

My boyfriend never makes the first move and makes a lot of excuses about sex [ 14 Answers ]

Well I am a recovered sex addict and I have some emotional issues as well but sex if very important to me and my boyfriend and me never have sex anymore I don't remember the last time we even were intimate sometimes if I start touching on him he will normally just jerk off to finish and its so...

What is the best brand of refrigerator, what do you think about Hitachi brand? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find a refrigerator for my new home, and I'm a fresh to it.could u please help.. Thks

View more questions Search