Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jy071 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 07:27 AM
    Snowblower
    Hi I have an older ariens snowblower I think md 924 around 1974 8hp 24".

It runs great but after about 20 min into blowing drive it started to stall when I put it in gear and then it died.
    I tried to restart with elect.and pull It took several tries but then started and ran great again,but then the same problem reoccured.
    I would appreciate any help I could get with this .Thank you. John
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 1, 2010, 11:27 AM

Hi,
    First would be to check the fuel cap vent. They can ice or clog in these circumstances. Then it would be time to suspect ignition if it took some time between runnings.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Snowblower Cutting Out [ 5 Answers ]

Brand new (less than one month) 30 inch 10 HP Cub Cadet snowblower worked fine the first 5 or 6 times I used it. Today, started up fine, sounds great, runs forward and backward with no problem, but when I try to engage the blade at all (this runs separately from the self propel), the thing makes a...

Snowblower not getting gas [ 7 Answers ]

I have a craftsman 536.886120 snowblower that will briefly start up than stall repeatedly. I will use primer and will start again for a few seconds then die out like it is not getting gas to carb

Snowblower [ 2 Answers ]

My Craftsman smowblower starts fine, but whe I pull the handle back to start the auger it makes a screaching break sound and kills the motor.

Snowblower [ 3 Answers ]

826 toro snowblower drive was working now stopped??

Old snowblower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Toro 826 used snowblower that was given to me. I cannot start it. I bought a new spark plug, filled the gas tank, even put a little bit of gas where the spark plug goes. I still can not start it. Can someone please help me?

View more questions Search