Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janco4562 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 10:14 PM
    How to trim norfolk pine tree
    My Norfolk pine was not covered during a cold snap and now is brown on the edges of the top branches. Should I trim them, and if so, where?
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Jan 14, 2010, 01:01 AM
    Hi! janco4562, welcome to AMHD :)

Quote Originally Posted by janco4562 View Post
    My Norfolk pine was not covered during a cold snap and now is brown on the edges of the top branches. Should I trim them, and if so, where?
    You really shouldn't trim them, but I know they do look unsightly.

If you do, You will end up with a mis-shapened plant, and Its symmetrical shape would be destroyed. The only maintenance pruning to be done is removal of dead lower branches.

Trimming would be done with sharp pruners, and just off the trunk.

Norfolk Pine: Gardeners Supply Plant Care & Gardening Advice/Tips/Secrets @ HortChat.comŽ

K

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pine Tree causes Grass Problems [ 8 Answers ]

My Neighbors Scotch Pine Tree is killing ME ! It has been hanging over my lawn and house since I moved in here 15 years ago. I get nothing but needles and cones all year round. I put 10 times as much lime in my lawn and nothing helps. It seems to have killed 2 Rhodadendrums and also a Pink...

Dying norfolk pine. [ 8 Answers ]

I have a norfolk pine that is becoming brittle and is dying? Any suggestions on saving it?

Crowded Pine Tree by Firs how to prune to free Pine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Pine tree that over the years has been crowded out by surrounding Fir trees. The trees are about 24ft apart and 90 feet tall. In a row. The Pine basically only has green up by the top. If I trim off some of the surrounding fir branches will the bare Pine branches regrow needles? Once it...

View more questions Search