Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carvercobra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 08:02 PM
    Can I pay off my condo and give it back to the bank. I want out.
    I have quite a dilemma on my hands. I have a condo I bought years ago. I was renting it out but there have been too many problems. The whole condo complex is nearly abandoned and all the value is gone. Tenents keep moving out because the water keeps getting turned off due to no one paying the condo fees. I have tried to sell it over the years but no luck and now that it the whole complex is in this state there is no way to sell. I want to pay it off but I do no want the deed. Will the bank accept it even if I pay it off. I don't mind paying it off but I want my name off this property.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 31, 2009, 08:10 PM

Pay it off and donate it to a charity.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2009, 08:20 PM

And of course it should sell, maybe for 10 cents on the dollar, but you may get a better deal by donating as scott said,

Or pay if off and sell it at auction.

Trouble with condos now,

If there is over 25 percent rental, you can't hardly even get a loan and if you even find one ( bet you can't) the interest will be very high. Plus insurance issues in a high rental condo building.

The bank will not want it, well the banker personally may

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Givng condo back to the bank insead of floeclosure [ 1 Answers ]

What will happen to my credit if I sned the keys and deed etc back to back rather than going through the foreclosure pross. Will I still be oblicted to pay anything.

Give my home back to bank volunarily [ 8 Answers ]

I can no longer afford my mortgage payment but I have never been late and have 690 credit scor, never late on any payments in the past 10 years. There is no room for a refi because the equity there is only 17% left it is an investment prperty with tenants in the state of norh carolina. Can I...

Can I give my house back to the bank? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to get out from under an investment property. I owe way less than what the house is worth (I think). Can I do this in Oregon?

Give it back to bank? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to walk away form an investment property and be done with it. Losing 900 a month with a tenant. Don't want to go bad on primary, cars, student loans, or anything.

Why the debt collector wants copy of bank accounts is it safe to give them pay stubs [ 3 Answers ]

I have a joint account with my dad and our bank account savings and checking is frozen my dad is the debtor the only income my dad has is his pension check and ss check. The collector has put a lien on the account and is requesting his pay stub from ss and copy of his pension check, is it safe to...

View more questions Search