Ask
    las vegas Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 01:10 PM
    Cabinet knobs and handels install
    How to install cabinet nobs
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2009, 01:16 PM

Well, what kind of cabinet knobs? It shouldn't be to hard. The screw goes in from the inside and you screw it through to the outside into the actual knob until it is tight.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2009, 08:53 PM

If your cabinets do not have screw holes you need to carefully measure where you want them and then drill a hole completely through the cabinet door or drawer front. Be sure to measure and mark all the holes prior to drilling the holes. I had no cabinet or drawer knobs on my cabinets when I moved into my new home and had to purchase about 30 knobs for all the cabinets and drawers and carefully measure and drill each hole and then put the knob on. Take your time if you have a lot to do and be sure of the placement of the knobs making sure you put the cabinet knobs on the side of the cabinet door that pulls out and not the side where the hinges are.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 1, 2010, 05:09 AM

Suggest making a template out of 1/4 plywood to properly locate holes rather than measuring each one. Drilling one hole for a knob can be easily done. Accurately locating two holes for handles which have two screws can be difficult. Doing so repeatedly, you are bound to make an error.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Shower Knobs [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace some old shower knobs but can't get them off. I have unscrewed the screw and tried to pry them off but they won't budge. Do they not come off or are the just stuck because they are old. If they are stuck what can I use to get them unstuck?

Replacing handels on delta shower valves [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling my inlaws' house and their shower faucet is Delta and has 2 handles ( one for hot/one for cold). Can I replace the handles with other brands such as Kohler? I was told that the valves in the wall are not universal.

Diverter and Shower Knobs [ 1 Answers ]

I had a diverter that wasn't pushing water through the shower head very efficiently. Since all of the knobs started dripping, my friend recommended that I pull all stems and replace at least the washers. So we pulled out the stems and replaced them. We had some trouble getting the knobs off the...

Shower knobs leaking water [ 1 Answers ]

I can not stop the hot and cold water knobs in my shower from leaking water when turned on. I even replaced the complete stem unit ( think called a cartridge). Did I forget to do something?

View more questions Search