Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    treebob1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 08:59 AM
    Eviction of a family member
    My sister has her granddaughter living in her home rent free. She has three children and wants all of them to vacant her home. Since she is not paying rent, she cannot be legally evicted. What other course of action can she take.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2006, 09:08 AM
    Hello tree:

I see two options: 1) Change the locks. Or, 2) the cops can be called to put them out as trespassers.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 15, 2006, 09:22 AM
    The way I would do this is to give them a date by which they have to be out of the house. Give them enough time to find a new place. But tell them that, if they are not out by that date, she will move all their stuff into a storage facility for which only the first month will be paid. And that the locks will be changed.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2006, 04:38 PM
    Is the granddaughter in question a minor? If not, she can still be served with an eviction notice even if she doesn't pay any rent. If she is a minor, who is her legal guardian? If it is your sister, then she can't do anything unless another party is awarded custody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family Member Eviction [ 6 Answers ]

How Do You Go About Evicting A Family Member Who Has Never Paid Rent, And Does Not Want To Leave In The State Of Florida?

Eviction of family member [ 6 Answers ]

Can a family member (21 years old) be evicted from home (Virginia)... not contributing to the household, unemployed, not looking for work, stealing from the house.

? About getting a family member to move [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, My husband and I live in a single family home that is owned by his mother. She lives in an inlaw apartment over the garage. We pay her rent to live here. My husbands sister lives in the basement which is finished off and is supposed to be paying rent. Since my husband's father passed away...

Horrific family member [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here it is. I live with my aunt who has raised me since I was seven years old, so she is pretty much my parent. She also raised my sister and my brother on and of (him). I have a son who is like her grandson. I moved out to go to college and then I moved back in because I was in a terrible...

Family member eviction in Texas [ 3 Answers ]

How does one go about evicting an adult family member (with dependents)?

View more questions Search