Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazylilbit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 03:48 AM
    Do I call police if I think I hit a car
    I turned right out of a parking lot into a busy street. I miss calculated and the car in the next lane swerved. At first they kept going in their lane, then they started following me. I just thought they were being nasty so I kept going. Should I call the police to see if they filed a report or wait to hear from the police. Also, there is no damage to my car. I'm kind of scared.
    mcelroydr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 04:44 AM

Did you catch the license plate, make and model, etc? As long as you don't have any marks on your car, and aren't driving a tank, there may well have not been a collision.

I can say I've been on the other side of that encounter before though, and the driver that almost creamed me knocked her own side mirror in (but not off) we came so close. She made no sign of pulling over, but got behind ME and took a picture of my plates with a camera, so... ( I probably shouldn't have) I followed her until she stopped, and I asked if everything was okay. Whaddya know... everything fine.

People are just a little bit crazy sometimes; I would write down your best guess as to where and when it happened, what details about the car you remember, and just save it in case you need it. Details are important. If there's more to this than you say and you still feel worried, there should be no trouble in calling your local p.d.'s non-emergency line and asking about it. I think that'd be unnecessary though.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2009, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crazylilbit View Post
    Should I call the police to see if they filed a report or wait to hear from the police..
    Hello c:

Wait.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hit one car in the parking lot when I am reversing my car [ 6 Answers ]

The other car got some scratches at bumper and tail light got damgaed only so my question is that does it affect my pubilc record and what type of point will I get,does it required any police report for claims?

Car was hit by another car when reversed from the parking lot [ 19 Answers ]

My car was parked on one-side of parking lot with one-way aisle. When I reversed my car to the middle of the aisle, I stopped there as I found a car from the parking lot behind my car rapidly reversed and hit on my car. My car was damaged with a deep dent and caused problem with the light-signal...

Car accident, no police report, being avoided by the man who hit us [ 5 Answers ]

Texas. My husband was on his way from work and got hit by 3 cars. The vehicle who cause the accident did not have his insurance with him , he claimed his wife had all the info. There was no police report. My husband got his name, address, and phone number. My husband has been calling but no...

Threatens to call police [ 8 Answers ]

I am a good mother, and I have proofs that I am. But my husband threatens me that he will call police. Because he wants divorce and want the custody of the baby , so. How should I tackel this if he calls the police. Also after divorce who gets the baby? My baby is 5 months old.

Can I call in a police report for car hit in work parking lot months later? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My car was hit in work parking lot. Person who hit my car left a note. I called him and one of the guys from work took car to fix it. Guy fixing car was also working on engine. When I got the car back the dent in front fender had been pulled out, but, looked like crap. So now it is like 6...

View more questions Search