Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loverboy Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 03:10 AM
    Spyware program
    What is the best spyware programme to use. Is xoftspy a good programme?

And what is the best anti-virus programme in use.

Which one is better Norton anti-virus 2006 or AVG.
    Lime Jelly Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 03:15 AM
    Hey...
    I use ad-aware SE Personal and its great. Also Spybot Search and Destroy!

Trust me they really work well.
    Hope this helped.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 15, 2006, 07:43 AM
    Do a web search on Spyware or anti-virus reviews. You should find articles. Personally, I use Microsoft's anti-spyware which keeps me clean. I don't like NAV because it sinks it hooks too deeply into the OS often causing other problems. I use E-Trust Armor for AV.
    joe20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 03:23 PM
    Avg Is A Good Program And It Is Free
    darrenosborne Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 06:41 AM
    Personal preference is Panda Internet Security, but it is not cheap. What I like about it is that it treats adware and spyware and viruses as exactly the same thing.

AVG is also good as it is free. Ad-aware SE Free is also good.

Any virus or spyware protection program will not 100% protect you. For example, what norton is weak on, AVG might be good at and vice versa. So, why pay? Use AVG (unless you want to buy a decent program like Panda). Although at the moment I can't afford it so I have ditched it.

Recently I ditched Ad-aware and have switched to Windows Defender (available from the Micro$oft website). It is better than Ad-aware as it also offers real-time protection. So far, absolutely no problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spyware [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Can someone please help me. My computer has recently been infected with spyware and I think it is using Windows Messenger to send these files to and from my computer. I have done a virus scan and the file that appears is sq.ini I have deleted this file and my computer is still...

PurityScan... Spyware or nor Spyware? [ 5 Answers ]

On my computer this screen popped up and it said it was ready to install Purityscan wich I had no intention of installing. Sure it might be a good program, then again it might not be for the simple fact is that somehow it or something put a reg key on my computer. Normally I would know what it's...

Spyware [ 20 Answers ]

Help please, when I recently changed my desktop background picture I got a warning that my computer may be infected by spyware which covers my dektop background.When I click on the link it goes to a site called topantispyware.com/overview.php?38. Is this spyware or a virus and how can I get rid of...

Autoruns - spyware question, Delete spyware with "Autoruns", back again [ 3 Answers ]

I am using "autoruns", hoping to get rid of many spyware programs. I am attempting to manually remove some of the spyware (while not connected to internet) startup files along with corresponding registry file using "autoruns" . Problem is when I restart "autoruns" the spyware files have returned. ...

Spyware [ 2 Answers ]

I can tell I have items running in the background and I've opened the msconfig; I check every box under the startup and apply but they do and ot go away. I need some basic help with this application; I'm afraid to delete or start without knowing what I'm doing. The computer runs constantly with...

View more questions Search