Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foxy69rtaz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 12:29 PM
    What's a good way to diet
    I don't want to diet as it boring but I do want to lose weight. I'm eating healthy stuff and stopped drinking lager, and going to start walking everywhere. I have done diets before but they don't seem to work. Help!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2010, 08:49 AM

You are on the right track. Watching what you eat, and the amount you eat, while getting regular exercise will be the safest way to lose weight and get in better condition.

Fad diets may give some people a head start, but they can't be maintained and this is why most people just gain the weight back when they start to eat normally again. This is also why you see so many diets and books on dieting. It is a billion pound business because they just don't work long term for the majority of people.

Making lifestyle changes that you can actually live with is the way to go.
    It might help to get a friend or family member to join you as sometimes having someone else working towards the same goal can help keep you motivated. (it can be easy to skip exercising, for example, when you don't have someone else to keep you going!)

Try new foods or new ways to prepare old favorites that may be healthier choices. You don't have to totally give up on the goodies, just make sure you don't go over the top with them.

If you have the occasional slip up where you have too much, just get back on track the next day. Find some exercises you can do inside if the weather gets too bad for walking. Take a dance class with a friend, join a gym, buy a bike, take up a new sport, etc.. Find ways to keep it fun and interesting!
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2010, 09:05 AM

Walking really does help you burn the calories. But you should talk to your doctor about what you can do in addition to that.

I'm going to be walking off all of these Holiday pounds that have attached themselves to me.
    foxy69rtaz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 03:06 PM

Is not cause of the holiday pounds I have piled on, cause I'm a healthy cook and I been good lol I'm trying for a baby and it not working so far, and have been trying for a while ugh I NEED HELP!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone know about a good diet pills [ 4 Answers ]

I'm triying so hard to loose 20 lbs but it seem not working cann anybody tell me wich diet pills work the best.please

What's a good diet? [ 5 Answers ]

What's a good diet to have? I need to eat healthier, I eat out all the time. About 5 times a week because my mom does and she never cooks. Should I start cooking healthier things or what do you suggest?

A good diet for someone with polycystic ovaries [ 1 Answers ]

I have polycystic ovaries and need to lose weight, I have tried many diets but to no avail, does anyone know of any good and healthy diets I can try?

What vitamins do you use for a good diet [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to go on a diet. I do water aerobics 3 times a week for 1 hour. I don't really eat that bad but I drink 2 diet cokes a day. I have low iron, I'm like a border line diabetic, I was taking vitamins with iron but it messed up my bowels. I don't have normal bowel Movements. I was...

Good or bad diet? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the best most effective diet to go on I have tried low carb gained it back AND SOME then weight watches time consuming and didn't have the money so what else is out there?? I thought about trying the order the food and it comes to your house deal but I am so busy working and taking care of...

View more questions Search