Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caitie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 09:44 AM
    Losing my mum
    I lost my mum on the 9th of November to an very sudden asthma attack. We lived in the same town and used to catch up with each other nearly every day. She was my best mate and a really, really great mum.
    I am only 24 and find that I'm only coping because it doesn't seem real and like a very bad nightmare that I'll wake up from one of these days and I'll have her back with me again. When will it start to feel real?
    I haven't even started to imagine the upcoming milestone events in my life such as getting married and having children without her to support me.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2009, 12:36 PM
    I'm very sorry, it will take time.:(
    Keep her in your thoughts always, don't pack her away. Remember always the wonderful things you did together and talked about. Keep talking about her:)

Do you still have your Papa?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2009, 01:02 PM

I lost my father 9 years ago from a sudden, massive, heart attack, and I know the pain you are in. It will get better with time, but in the meanwhile, do exactly what SHE would want you to do. I'm sure that it is especially hard this time of year. My father died decorating the Christmas tree, so I know about that too.

Celebrate her life, and love.

You take all the time you need to mourn your mother. But then go on with your life in the manner that she taught you.

Whenever you need to talk to someone, come here.

God bless you.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2009, 01:14 PM

I know your pain and I am so sorry.

The pain never goes completely away but one day you will notice that you will be able to think of her and smile instead of cry.

Everyone is different and there is no timetable for grief.

For now,I would start a journal and talk to her in it.Tell her your feelings and I am sure ,knowing her as well as you do,you will almost be able to hear what her responses would be.
    I found this very comforting after I lost my father.
    Please know ,she would not want you to be overwhelmed with grief.
    If you feel that the passage of time is not helping perhaps a bereavement group would help you through this transition.

Sometimes just talking about our loved ones is all we need to feel a little better.

Give yourself time my dear,the heart has an amazing ability to heal and you will get there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost Job - Losing House - Losing Relationship! [ 5 Answers ]

My b/f & I were OK until a year ago when he lost his very lucatrive job. We've used all our savings & we've maxed our cc's to no avail. We're behind on the house we live in in which he's the only one on mtg. this house has no equity. We have another house under both our names in another state...

Losing myself or losing my life [ 13 Answers ]

Hi all, this is a long one so please bear with me. I got married at 19 to a man who’s 20 years older and we have six children. We have been married 19 years. Where do I start... apart from him changing nappies when the children were younger he does not engage with the children at all. He basically...

Losing relationship of 6 years / Losing 2 Houses [ 5 Answers ]

I've been with my b/f for over 6 years. About 2 years ago I moved to another state with him to try to make things work better for us, financially & personal. He lost a very lucrative job about a year ago (the co. closed down) which paid for a house we both are on mtg & he also paid for another...

Is my mum OK [ 2 Answers ]

Could you please tell me anything that my mother would like to tell us. We are all missing here dreadfully.

View more questions Search