Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jasmine74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 10:56 PM
    3-Year Old girl with a 6th Sense?
    If my 3-year old daughter says she can see a boy sitting behind her, but when I go to check, there is no one there, is it possible that she is actually seeing supernatural things and if so, what could it be? Is it dangerous?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2009, 01:36 AM
    Hi, Jasmine74!

It's very common for a small child to have big imaginations as well as imaginary friends. That's the first thing that comes to my mind.

Is this happening all of the time or only in certain situations, please?

Thanks!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2009, 08:44 AM

She may be seeing supernatural things. She also needs to be told that MANY other people including you cannot see them and she should not advertise the fact that she can to others.

Dangerous? Maybe. Non-friendly ghosts should be asked to "follow the light".

I'll leave you with this, for now: New Jersey Ghost Hunters Society

It also could be her imagination.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2009, 08:51 AM

I'd like to ask:

-what does she watch? Pay attention to what she sees on t.v.
    -Does she spend much time watching t.v.
    -Do you or your family or friends talk much about super natural things?

T.V. can really "inspire" ideas like that. It's not that she's intentionally lying to you it's just that she's exercising her imagination.

When she sees this other being don't shun her [if you do], ask her about it. Ask her what he wears, if he talks, what his name is... etc.

Children have imaginary friends too. A good friend of mine had a "friend" named Lucy that she could "see".

Best of luck to you!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2009, 09:10 AM
    She also must be told to NEVER be afraid.

You need to ask her about how tall the boy is. You then need to determine if objects in the home moved, especially ones that she can't reach.

You can also try to determine who lived in the house prior to you from neighbors etc. Ask if they had children. If they did, ask are they still living. Then ask how they died. The first way of asking the question is safer.
    WitchDust Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 03:35 AM

I just joined tonight but this is something I can relate to & know well so I'd like to share with you if I may?

Sometimes children can see what others cannot. It's their innocence & open mind that draws a spirit to them. It could also be an imaginary playmate, something seen on TV, or overheard in conversation. More attention to events need to be studied before any conclusion can be made.

I'd like to share my own little ones story with you...
    We were asked to adopt a little girl just a few weeks after my sons death. He was grown, had his own family, lived in another town. Just weeks after moving in she told us an angel was coming to tuck her in at night. He sat with her, told her he loved her and he would watch over her. We had no photos of him out (it was too painful) and no one had mentioned to her we had a son who died. She could be heard talking to him in her room at night, during the day. She called him her angel brother. She's now 7 & every so often when something "strange" or different occurs she'll say "Oh, that's just brother, don't be scared!" and smiles. She is very happy to live in our haunted house and not afraid of spirits at all.

I hope this makes you feel better hearing a "good experience". Not all sightings are scary or evil. Perhaps your child has a "gift". I hope everything works out fine for your family. Please do question her in a positive manner or have her draw what she sees if that is possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool 6th Sense AW5121 won't advance to next cycle [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Aw5121 front loader. It will not advance to the next wash cycle, just stops and flashes. It has been doing it for the last couple of months but no I can't get the filter out its like its jammed and the water won't pump out anymore. Could it be the pump or due to the filter being...

6th sense? [ 4 Answers ]

You know how lets say, you were reading a book in your room. Your back is facing the door. The door is open. Then, you feel and sense someone is going to walk in the door without hearing their footstep, and you turn around and there they are, standing there? I was talking to a friend one day,...

6th year but out of country [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my case. Please comment! F-1 student: Aug 2001 - Dec 2004 OPT: Feb 2005 - Feb 2006 I have been out of the country since April 2006 (only 104 days in 2006). My H-1B visa has been approved and is undergoing security clearance for stamping for the past few months. I filed 1040NR-EZ...

6th year F-1 student [ 3 Answers ]

I'm under F-1 visa. This is my 6th year, so I cannot file as non-resident. The university did not withhold medicare and social security taxes. Is that OK? Do I need to do something about that? My husband is in his 5th year and has a fellowship, which is exempt for residents only. He has tax...

6th Year F1, Converted to H-1B last year [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ATE, Thank you so much for everything you have done for all of us. I really really appreciate your help and advice. You are THE man! My case is like that: I came to US on F1 in 08/2000, and had been on F1 until I got my H-1B visa on Nov. 1st last year. From last May to last Oct. I...

View more questions Search