Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waltdvm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 09:08 PM
    Fan Light remote doesn't work
    Our fan light remote worked good when electricians first installed it. Now it won't light and we can't figure out why? Apparently the electrician who installed the fixture threw away the directions to the remote operation without realizing it. It is a Hampton Bay product. We have the Hampton Bay users direction book that came with the fan but it does not include directions for the remote. I think I had bought that as a separate device from the celing fan. I tried to look the Hampton Bay factory up on the Internet for help but got referred back to Home Depot where I bought the original fan and wall remote. I am sure the Home Depot does not keep extra instructions for products it sells!

Can anyone give me good suggestions how I can get another substitute fan remote direction book. I would be ever so grateful! It was a good light when it worked. If you have a solution you can please email me at > [email protected] >
    Walter Collins :o
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2006, 10:15 PM
    I would remove the remote/switch and receiver from the circuit and confirm that everything works properly. If so, I would return the remote/switch/receiver kit for a new one which will include instructions.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hampton Bay Fan Light/Fan Remote Problem [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, we have a Hampton Bay fan and my son dropped the remote and it stopped working. I changed the batteries and that didn't work. Now I asked someone at Home Depot what I needed to do. They instructed me to buy a new remote kit... I did however it came with a little grey box with 3 cords...

Harbor Breeze fan/light with remote [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently installed a Harbor Breeze fan/light with remote. It is operated by a 3way switch. Each time the switch is turned on, the fan and/or light has to be "manually" turned on with the remote, even though the light was "on" when the switch was turned off. Appears to be no memory in the ...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan w/Remote SWITCH WILL NOT WORK [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed all new ceiling fans in the house. They are all Hampton Bay's with remotes. The one in the kitchen and dinning room work by both the remote and the switch. However, when I installed the ones in the bedrooms, the wall switches will not work. There is a "red" wire up in the...

Ceiling fan does not work w/ remote [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a variable speed fan(reversible motor) w/ remote, which also has 2 light fixtures. The receiver has two inputs, a black(hot) and a white(neutral), and 4 outputs. One neutral, one black(for the fan), one each for the 2 light fixtures. The problem is when I connect the fan...

View more questions Search