Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    B. Lamar Williamson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 05:06 PM
    Where did the phrase "Red Dog Originate"?
    Red Dog as I understand it was used to indicate the modern day sacking of a football quarterback. When did it originate?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 29, 2009, 05:54 PM

It is my understanding it is a game of poker, similar to acey-deucey.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you translate the latin phrase "Dum tacet clamat" [ 4 Answers ]

I found the latin phrase "Dum tacet clamat" on a gravestone in San Diego. Can anyone translate it into English for me?:confused:

"dead cat bounce" phrase origin? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - Does anyone know what is the origin of the phrase "dead cat bounce" ? This fiscal term is used frequently, however I always wondered the origin of this phrase was - & whether it is a general term or if it refers to just a specific thing. Thanks, - Nick

New Country Song - Phrase " you will roll with me" [ 2 Answers ]

There is a new country song out on the radio, and I only know the phrase of " hope you will roll with me", I know a guy sings it and would like to know his name?

What does the phrase "to make your heart pitter patter," mean exactly? [ 3 Answers ]

What does the phrase "to make your heart pitter patter," mean exactly?

What is the origin of the phrase "Press Charges"? [ 1 Answers ]

I am reading a book by C.J. Sansom called Dark Fire. In the book, there is a description of 1540's English criminal justice system. "When she is brought into court, she will be asked to plead guilty or not guilty. If she refuses the under the law she cannot be tried by a jury. But the...

View more questions Search