Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misty51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Answering questions on tomatoes
    I live in Renmark south Australia. I have beautiful tomato plants lots of flowers but they will not set. Why? I heard that you do not need bees to set the fruit is this right? Is there a product on the market for setting flowers for fruit and veg. If so where do I buy it.
    Thank you for your , web site. Would really appreciate an answer to this problem.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2009, 06:57 PM

Either you need to hand pollenate your plant or invite some bees over to do it for you. There is no such thing as a nonpolleinating tomato plant or vegetable. Try taking a Q-Tip and loading it with pollen and then going from one bloom to the other. In some areas of the world where there are no honeybees fruit trees are pollenated by hand. Very labor intensive but if not done there will be no fruit.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 09:22 PM
    Where are your bees? You have no bees there?:eek:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2009, 08:58 AM

Just Dahlia - a friend of mine who owns several cargo ships had to take many shiploads of honey bees from Europe over to Australia about 2 years ago as there were no bees there to pollenate the food crops. This does not surprise me that the poster said there were no bees in the area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband not answering questions to my P.O. [ 2 Answers ]

Will I get in any more trouble if my husband tells my probation officer to refer any questions she has to me? She visited our home while I was away and he gave her a little information but told her that if she has any questions to ask me herself and that he was misquoted the last time she asked...

AI answering questions [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Programmer, Could you please post a Function to search for specific keywords in inputed string from its database and answer differently for each keyword or group of keywords differently according to its database. Looking forward to your answer. ...

View more questions Search