Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 01:18 PM
    Ideas for sleepover
    Rachel is having her first sleepover.

What do you do for 3 year olds? [Rachy is turning 3 in Feb]

All I can think of is coloring and well that doesn't last too long.

So if you have any ideas give me some.

The sleepover is for New Years, I decided to have a little kid party with my friend's kids' instead of ditching my little one and having a drunky drunk time. There are a lot of weird people offering babysitting for New Years and I kinda feel like they should be with someone they know, let alone be in a safe place. Seriously, some of these people offering to babysit are a little creepy--- I was looking into it before I made the decision to do this.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 01:22 PM

Since it is new years and I assume they will fall asleep before midnight, you should let them go crazy!! Go to a dollar store buy some new years hats, confetti, horns, Let them bang pots and pans. But then again this could be a horrible Idea since I don't have kids. But that is what I would do.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 01:46 PM

How nice of you to do this.I think your going to be pulling your hair out by 2010 but that will be another post. :)

Interactive videos where they can sing and dance.
    Dress up is always fun.No big high heels ,you don't need sprained ankles.

Reading to them when they get antsy to settle them down.

Basically, I think with that age group keeping them organized and getting them to share is the greatest challenge.

Make the rules clear and have fun!

Finger play songs are fun for that age.Where is mr thumpkin?
    Itsy bitsy spider.

Since many people go out late on new years encourage the parents to bring them on the way to their event.

Happy New Year my friend !
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 02:27 PM

Thanks art! :)

Spitvenom your idea is great minus the "let them go crazy" and "bang on pots and pans" bit.

Thanks!

Generally I run away from groups of children but these guys are actually pretty good kids!
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post

Spitvenom your idea is great minus the "let them go crazy" and "bang on pots and pans" bit.
    Another reason why I shouldn't have kids!!
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 02:52 PM

Go to a party store and buy glow sticks and necklaces. Get a helium tank and balloons($20 Canadian), and let them design their own balloon. Make cookies and let them "help". The party store has party favor kits, hats, and ideas. Have plenty of cool DVDs, "Up" is a good one that involves balloons. Get celery, carrots, grapes,oranges,apples,blueberries,raspberries,etc, and make trays of snacks that they can feed on at will.

Basically all the things that you see at the party store that kids would enjoy doing.

Crayons, playdough, puzzles, you really can't go wrong at that age.

I'm sure you all will have a ball.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Dec 29, 2009, 02:58 PM

May I suggest the game "pin the tail on the donkey?" :)
    It's a fun game for kids. You just need a picture of a donkey without a tail. Cut a picture of a tail out. Then blind fold one of the kids. The kid has to stick the tail on the donkey. The tail usually ends up in a weird place. You can print the game out from the internet. Just Google "pin the tail on the donkey." you will find a lot of cute ones!

Another suggestion is to get a piņata. That should be fun especially if you play right after pin the tail because the kids will already be blindfolded. :D... just make sure that none of the kids accidentally get wacked with the stick!
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    Go to a party store and buy glow sticks and necklaces. Get a helium tank and balloons($20 Canadian), and let them design their own balloon. Make cookies and let them "help". The party store has party favor kits, hats, and ideas. Have plenty of cool DVDs, "Up" is a good one that involves balloons. Get celery, carrots, grapes,oranges,apples,blueberries,raspberries,etc, and make trays of snacks that they can feed on at will.

Basically all the things that you see at the party store that kids would enjoy doing.

Crayons, playdough, puzzles, you really can't go wrong at that age.

I'm sure you all will have a ball.
    Ah balloons. Rachel has a thing for popping them-- I don't know why but whenever she sees one she pops 'em.

Cookies sound like a great idea-- maybe I'll switch to cupcakes and have them decorate them- Rach loves that and so do the other kiddies.

Up is a good movie but I know they love Tinker bell, they are all girls minus the 1 year old boy [which I will be going goo-goo gaa-gaa for].

Your ideas made me think of other ideas... thanks!

Cookies into Cupcakes

Up into Tinker Bell.

Ha.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any Ideas? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to find a doctor,neurologist,and neuropathologist in Philadelphia,PA that takes Health Partners.Any ideas?Any way to relieve tension headaches and muscle twitches without medication?

Dissapointed sleepover [ 1 Answers ]

I had wanted to have a sleepover. I had it all planned. 2 of my friends were sleeping over. I bought EVERYTHING we needed. I made a to do list, and cleaned the WHOLE house... then they said they "couldnt come". Now I am REALLY dissapointed. What should I do?

I'm going to a sleepover with my crush tonight. [ 9 Answers ]

OK,I think thismught be a good opertunity to see if he likes me. What do you think I should do to get him to notice me and make a move? I think hima and his mates could be drinking tonight at some point. He is turning 16 I am 14.

Any Ideas? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 36 and a half weeks pregnant and dilated to a one is there any safe ways to begin labor? I have heard of castor oil but that can be harmful and I don't want to do anything that could harm the baby.

Need Ideas [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am 27 yrs old. I Currently work for Verizon. It's a good job with decent pay and benefits. The problem is that I am just making it. My goal is to save enough money for a down payment on a house. I need some ideas for a home based bussines or any other money making ideas were I can pull...

View more questions Search