Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunchild42002 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 01:03 PM
    I need help with an assignment in healthcare 250
    2. Final Project: Health Psychology Committee Report
    Imagine a health care reform plan that mandates increased access to services you studied in this course. The goal is better overall patient health, measurable by shorter hospitalizations and improved adherence to medical regimens. You have volunteered to join the Health Psychology Committee formed by your local hospital, which is in the process of initiating a psychiatry division that will employ five psychologists. The committee is responsible for assigning duties to the psychologists. Use critical thinking skills as you decide how to apply health psychology principles to hospital-based psychologists’ duties.
    • Resources: Appendixes A & B
    • Review the notes you took in Appendix B.
    • Specify duties for five hospital-associated psychologists that reflect health psychology principles discussed in this course, according to the following guidelines.
    • Conduct research by consulting a variety of sources, and gather evidence to support your decisions. Remember to suspend judgment while inquiring into multiple aspects of each of the five roles. Use your text, previous assignments, major research hospital Web sites, and the University Library. Cite a minimum of five references, including your text.
    • Assign one or more of the items in the bulleted duty list below to each of these four job titles: substance abuse counselor; inpatient-only psychologist; child psychologist; adult psychologist:
    Duty list:
    o Collaborate with local schools
    o Provide psychological preparation methods for children prior to medical procedures
    o Provide treatment for chronic pain
    o Provide psychological preparation methods for adults prior to medical procedures and surgery
    o Coordinate the use of recovery programs and structured programs for substance abuse, in conjunction with social worker
    o Diagnose stress disorders and aid in stress-relief interventions
    o Utilize various methods to facilitate adjustment and coping skills with patients suffering a chronic or terminal illness
    If you feel one or more of the duties could be assigned to more than one of the four job titles, feel free to do so but keep a reasonable work and patient load in mind.
    • Evaluate the list above for areas of need not already addressed. Recommend a fifth job title and assign other health psychology-related duties not listed or related to those above.
    • Identify decision-making criteria and explain rationale behind your assignment of duties to each of the five job titles.
    • Discuss and give further details on how each of the five psychologists will contribute to improvement in overall patient health. What kinds of responsibilities and services would each of the five psychologists provide for patients? How will each of their roles result in shorter hospitalizations and improved adherence to medical regimens? Is there overlap in any or all of the five job titles? Should there be? Why or why not?
    • Consider and discuss the impact of implementing each role versus not implementing it. What makes each role supportive toward improvement and maintenance of wellness? Why would patients be better off with the psychologists’ services after doing without in the past?
    • Compile your findings in an 1,800- to 2,100-word paper in APA format that you would present to the hospital as a Health Psychology Committee Report.
    Post your paper as a Microsoft® Word attachment.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 29, 2009, 01:06 PM

Sunchild, you have to kidding ! We are volunteers here, spend lot of time answering questions but yours takes the cake. I sincerely suggest you start studying your data and do this yourself so you can actually learn something from it.

If you take the time to read forum basics you will see that we do not assist with homework. As a professional in healthcare I would never have considered asking for help with the homework I was assigned. How could you possibly expect to pass and succeed?

Tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 29, 2009, 01:28 PM
    Sunchild,

I've already done my homework. I did it by myself with no help from anyone.

YOUR TURN!

Dec 30, 2009, 09:48 AM

Well I am glad you people are out there to help. Thanks for nothing. I didn't want anyone to do it for me,I just needed help understanding the assignment, not stupid non helpful remarks. But you go and continue "helping people"
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 30, 2009, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sunchild42002 View Post
    well i am glad you people are out there to help. thanks for nothing. i didnt want anyone to do it for me,i just needed help understanding the assignment, not stupid non helpful remarks. but you go and continue "helping people"
    But all you did was post your assignment. You did not ask specific questions about what you didn't understand or show that you had dome some of the work. If you spent some time learning how this site works, you might have found that its against our policy to do homework questions. However, we can and have helped people with specific questions to help them over a hump, etc.

So the response here were neither stupid or non helpful. And insulting people you are asking help from is not smart.

Bottom line here is, if you want help with this, you need to ask specific questions about what you don't understand. You also need to show you are attempting to do the work yourself.
    Expert

Dec 30, 2009, 01:57 PM
    well i am glad you people are out there to help. thanks for nothing. i didnt want anyone to do it for me,i just needed help understanding the assignment, not stupid non helpful remarks. but you go and continue "helping people"
    If you plan on going into healthcare, sunchild, it is best to be dedicated, study and learn your discipline. You won't learn by asking for help in any way shape or form. I am sorry your nose is in out of joint over our remarks, but they were honest feelings from two people J_9 who is a Pediatric RN and myself a registered nurse's aid and Certified Personal Support worker,all are disciplines and we all worked damn hard to achieve what we have through constant dedication and study.

Tick

Dec 30, 2009, 02:28 PM

Well you all could have handled your responses very differently. I was not sure what to post and still do not know how this website works. I am confused on where to start on the assignment and what she is asking me to do. Just so you know I get good grades and know what I am doing but as far as I know it is NEVER STUPID to ask questions or ask for help. I am so glad that you have your degrees and didn't need help, but there are some of us lower level people that do from time to time. I thought the best way was to post the assignment and when asked I would explain what I didn't understand. I will recommend you to anyone I know that is smarter than me and don't need any help.

Dec 30, 2009, 02:31 PM

You are basically writing a term paper on how to add the psychiatry positions that you lobbied for in the first assignment. It's like the fist presentation was the OUTLINE to this new program and now you are filling the MEAT. I didn't take any courses like this so you will really have to work hard at going over the lessons and finding the facts.

They want you to take these job descriptions: substance abuse counselor; inpatient-only psychologist; child psychologist; adult psychologist and give each role duties from the list attached (they are looking to see if you can match them up in a way that makes sense). After you do that, you then have to think of another job title that isn't listed already and give it duties of its own duties not like the ones already listed (Good luck with that! Hopefully something pops out at you that is missing and could really be used in the medical world).

Something like this would have been helpful.
    Expert

Dec 30, 2009, 02:56 PM
    . I am so glad that ya'll have your degrees and didnt need help, but there are some of us lower level people that do from time to time.p.
    I worked while I was studying sunchild, at 55. I made sure I didn't need help and J_9 has a family. So mind your manners. I worked hard for what I have. We volunteer our time here, my dear. It isn't a paid job.

Tick
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 30, 2009, 02:58 PM
    I was not sure what to post and still do not know how this website works.
    And why is that? Did you read the FAQs? Did you spend some time browsing around and seeing how people use this site? Did you do your research?

Or did you just jump in and post?
    lajohnson86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 05:50 PM
    I know this message forum is old, but I was looking for information for MY HCA 250 class Final and I could not resist but to register and comment!!

To the person that started this whole thing, sunchild... aren't you supposedly a college student? Last time I checked being in college doesn't necessarilly mean you are mature, but I would think you would want to behave in a mature manner.

Also, I'm sure, had there been no comment about someone feeling like they were doing your homework... and had they provided you with tips on how to "cheat" you would have taken it, ran the paper through the plagiarism checker and posted it!

I have 3 kids, expecting my 4th in less than 4 weeks, and since day one of me working on my degrees I have never asked for help unless it was through the instructor or tutor. I'm appalled at the fact that you would sit and take the time to type out the enitre syllabus section for week 9.

It doesn't matter if you are lower level as far as understanding your homework, or whatever you meant by your statement... however you have had 9 weeks to work, take notes, and ask questions. You should have got the ball rolling before you did and you would have been more successful.

To the rest of you, congrats on your degrees... I know myself how difficult it is to work hard and stay focused. The reward we get at the end when we receive our degrees, can be very self satisfying!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is the better healthcare? [ 15 Answers ]

I recently watched Sicko and It sickened me! I'm sure it's very over exxagerated but it got me thinking alot. I want to become a nurse and I was wondering if I moved to another country like Canada or something. is it better than the healthcare industry here? Not really asking for advice i guess...

Healthcare Law [ 5 Answers ]

Does a patient have the legal right to view their chart while in the hospital if they request it? Thanks in advance.

Healthcare versus non healthcare business planss [ 1 Answers ]

What is important in a healthcare business plan that is not ordinarily included in a non-healthcare plan?

No Healthcare? [ 54 Answers ]

What percentage of Americans are without healthcare?

View more questions Search