Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 05:05 PM
    [quote=ScottGem]Why should they have to condemn the land? They seem to have a recorded easement to use the property. They just need to get someone to enforce it.

Condemn in this case is a legal term to give one the right to make changes or develop. Much like a municipality condemns land to enforce imminent domain. Another term is blighted which allows the governing body to take it over. It really doesn't matter the real condition of the land just more legalese. I may be wrong but in Indiana it is illegal to landlocked some one's property and there are consequence to pay for blocking the easement. I too figure this is a slam dunk and am awaiting an update, but I know how slow the wheels of justice turn.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 17, 2006, 07:23 PM
    I understand what condemn means. I'm just saying that's unnecessary. Maybe if the easement wasn't recorded, but as long as it is, all that's needed is to enforce it.
    dbek Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Nov 17, 2006, 11:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mmamdmkm
    we have deeded easement to our property our neighbors have never stopped us from coming in or out until we said we were going to be moving up.we have owned this property before they ever bought and built on theirs,we have trailer,power,septic electric,pay taxes and now cannot even get in or out because of a new gate they erected.they have not given us anything in writing and have not responded to any of our certified letters.No one seems to want to help everyone says its a civil matter.Why should we have to pay out all costs when we have legal deeds to access our land? Who can help?:confused:
    Sounds like your going to have to get a lawyer and fight them on this one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property Management [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to be a licensed real estate agent in order to do property management business?

Property [ 1 Answers ]

How does my husband add my name to property

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

Property [ 5 Answers ]

I came across a deal in PA which I'm not sure about. The gentleman is about to go belly up and the bank is ready to take the property. He had govt. grants which help him out with the mortgage. The realtor said I could simply take over he's mortgage (under his name) but have the title (ownership) of...

Property split [ 1 Answers ]

hello, we inheriated property when my fatherinlaw died.everything has already cleared probate.our questions are 1-the proty is now tenants in common between the two brothers,they both are 50% owners equally.the willstated sellat fair market value at the time of death which both brothers didn't do...

View more questions Search