Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2009, 02:56 PM
    When I was little I wanted to be a vet... soon realised animals die and could not hack the heartache at age 10...

My next goal was persueing the very handsome young lad in my school,I lost out to a girl with bigger boobs at 12.

Later I began breeding like there was no tomorrow,I spent my 20's sitting under a man or a child...

Now in my 30's ( 38 in may 2010,where did the years go!) I'm fulfilling my dreams,I'm studying and loving it...

Looking back I don't regret my mistakes nor the life I have had,my dreams and wants change as I get older,but I'm getting better at making them come true.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2009, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    when i was little i wanted to be a vet...soon realised animals die and could not hack the heartache at age 10...

my next goal was persueing the very handsome young lad in my school,i lost out to a girl with bigger boobs at 12.

later i began breeding like there was no tomorrow,i spent my 20's sitting under a man or a child...

now in my 30's ( 38 in may 2010,where did the years go!) im fulfilling my dreams,im studying and loving it...

looking back i dont regret my mistakes nor the life i have had,my dreams and wants change as i get older,but im getting better at making them come true.
    Good for you Red! Happy New Year my friend :)
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2009, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    Good for you Red! Happy New Year my friend :)
    You too artlady...

I hope it's a good one for you and yours.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2009, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    when i was little i wanted to be a vet...soon realised animals die and could not hack the heartache at age 10...

my next goal was persueing the very handsome young lad in my school,i lost out to a girl with bigger boobs at 12.

later i began breeding like there was no tomorrow,i spent my 20's sitting under a man or a child...

now in my 30's ( 38 in may 2010,where did the years go!) im fulfilling my dreams,im studying and loving it...

looking back i dont regret my mistakes nor the life i have had,my dreams and wants change as i get older,but im getting better at making them come true.

That is inspiring Red. Thanks.

Something I have always wanted to do is be a therapist or a pshychologist or something like that. Helping people is just what I love doing. Kind of where the police officer job comes from. Now all I am doing is helping the world be a cleaner place. Haha
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2009, 06:12 AM

I need someone to clean up my back yard... can't pay, but ill make a decent dinner and a few beers.
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2009, 07:33 AM

I will clean up your yard for an Irish meal and Irish beer. Hell yea
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Dec 31, 2009, 02:23 PM

Well I always wanted to be a vet. I love animals. There's some cows across the street from us and 2 female cows had calfs. At first I was scared! Cause l thought they were dogs. And I want to stop animals abuse to. Cause they deserve better. Im a very smart girl with a lot of brains. And I do my best in school. So that's what I work on being a vet. I also have a chiuaua. Named Olivia!
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 01:37 PM
    I stopped dreaming about what I wanted to do at 14, but before that I wanted to be a teacher. 7th/8th grade:)
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    I stopped dreaming about what I wanted to do at 14, but before that I wanted to be a teacher. 7th/8th grade:)
    You should have done it. I bet you would have been a good one too. I wanted to be a teacher at one point. I loved history and wanted to teach it. Many people find history boring but I think it is all in the way it is taught. I had one teacher or made the class fun and very interesting and I aced the cladd because I actually enjoyed it. What did you want to teach?
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 01:47 PM

Starting point Guard for the 76ers I could have gone to the NBA straight from High School but my love for Fuel Management Systems just couldn't be denied ;)
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 01:52 PM

I hope the money was good enough to keep you away from your dream and your love with a crap load of money!
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 01:56 PM

I wish I was that good in high school to go to the NBA. But I wasn't but I do volunteer and coach my old CYO basketball team 5th and 6th graders. It is a lot of fun.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 02:07 PM

Well at least you still keep your love close to you.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 02:23 PM

The kids are happy I am their coach. Their last coach was all about winning (which is fine) but they weren't having any fun. I heard he was retiring so I jumped at the chance to coach. It is more work then I actually thought it would be but it is worth it. I know a lot about basketball so it is nice to actually teach someone else how to play and have fun at the same time. I bring a radio and let them connect their ipods to it and listen to music when we practice. Kids today listen to some real garbage music.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 02:30 PM

I'm in my 20's.
    I play bartender full time now.

I want to do other things in my life.
    My list went from:
    -mastering yoga/ pilates and opening my own shop
    -wanting to be a gym teacher
    -wanting to be an English teacher
    -currently: wanting to go to medical school

Time is running and well I'll just see how this whole life thing goes. I won't be young and vibrant forever so bartending is not a life option...

Eesh I really need to pick something...
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    The kids are happy I am their coach. Their last coach was all about winning (which is fine) but they weren't having any fun. I heard he was retiring so I jumped at the chance to coach. It is more work then I actually thought it would be but it is worth it. I know a lot about basketball so it is nice to actually teach someone else how to play and have fun at the same time. I bring a radio and let them connect their ipods to it and listen to music when we practice. Kids today listen to some real garbage music.
    Real garbage huh? I can imagine. Haha. I think something like that would be fun. There is this one guy who is only 23 and coaches a high school basketball team and he isn't having much success but it isn't his fault. There was a story about it in the New York times about how bad the team is now ESPN wants to come down and interview him about being the youngest coach ever or something along the lines of that. I only know this because I work in that town. Not live though. Haha
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    I'm in my 20's.

My list went from:

Time is running and well I'll just see how this whole life thing goes. I won't be young and vibrant forever so bartending is not a life option...

eesh I really need to pick something...
    There isn't an age on bartending is there? You could just open your own bar. But to really follow your dreams you need to start applying to med school.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2010, 03:01 PM
    I wanted to be a brain surgeon, but, one of the things that I chose to do was to be a piano tuner/technician.

I thought doing that might be more of a challenge! :D
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    There isn't an age on bartending is there? You could just open your own bar. But to really follow your dreams you need to start applying to med school.
    Haha there is no age here but I couldn't see myself 45 and still bartending...

I should. I'm saving up for school for this fall.

I just don't want to go crazy and see all that money and think "ooo plastic surgery"

Ahhh
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    I'm in my 20's.

My list went from:

eesh I really need to pick something...
    Yes you do need to pick something.
    I was a Bartender for over 10 years (21-34) and made tons of money and loved it but had to move on.
    I went back to the Rest/Bar 20 years later and there was still the same girl that was there when I left. I thought to myself... I'm so glad that's not me, but she seemed to still be having a good time, so more power to her. I would have been miserable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

I want a better life [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 18 year old college student and I have seen a lot in life. My mom has been a single parent for as long as I remember she is a mother of 4, and married 3 times. All me and my sisters could use therapy or something. We have all seen divorce. We all always wanted to have a father figure in our...

I lost the love of my life, my life doesn't make sense anymore [ 4 Answers ]

I lost mybestfriend and love of my life 2 weeks ago and I don't understand my lifes purpose anymore, we had a connection so strong this doesn't make sense, everything I did in my over the past 22 years was for me however the constant knowing we would be together, we had 3 years to go before...

View more questions Search