Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrloud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 08:03 AM
    How to increase clearance stairwell
    I need to fix a low ceiling at the bottom of my stairwell, because I can't fit a queen size box spring up the stairs not to mention people have hit there head. I would like to know the best way to fix this problem. Thank you alan[email protected]
    Rover88 Posts: 68, Reputation: 14

Dec 30, 2009, 04:47 AM

Two possible solutions: 1). Some mattress manufacturers have available, on special order, "split" queen-sized box springs. This is like the two extra-long twin box springs used for king sized bedding. 2). We've pulled part of the cambric on the bottom of the box spring and cut the bottom frame piece to give sufficient flex to negotiate stairways like this. Repair is done with a small steel plate and screws.
    freedhardwoods Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Jan 2, 2010, 05:46 AM

More info is needed to actually fix the problem. I would say that it probably can be done, but depending on the situation, it may be a fair sized project. I will add more later if nobody else answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stairwell ceiling height [ 8 Answers ]

Is there a building code calculator for minimum clearance of stairwell ceiling based on stair rise/run etc. We are finishing our basement, and have turned the stairs half way down. There is a major drain pipe that limits the ceiling clearance in the low part of the stairwell. We could move the...

Will increase in pump intake pipe size, increase flow rate? [ 1 Answers ]

At my cabin I use a 12 volt Flojet pump to pump water from the lake to the cabin. I am using 1/2 inch plastic pipe for the intake and outlet on the pump. Would I see an increase in water flow if I increase the size of the pipe going from the lake to the pump to 3/4 plastic

View more questions Search