Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dan-o Zak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 07:36 PM
    I have a HP Pavilion a1020n desktop. The onboard video died, I don't have a picture.
    HP Pavilion a1020n, desktop. I need to get into Bios to change AGP to PCI video, but, I don't have a picture. I need step by step, keyboard instructions, because I can't see anything. HELP
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jan 12, 2010, 01:43 PM

On board and AGP are different.

AGP is actually a separate card.

So I'm almost certain if you put a PCI video card in the machine it would work and give you a picture.
    Same from AGP card if you chose that Instead.

( I would go with the AGP because it is faster ;D )

It would be very basic colors and things until you installed the CD though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't Change Desktop Background picture [ 5 Answers ]

My desktop background picture can't change. I've tried many ways, trying picuture set as desktop background. And in desktop background properties-desktop,it not give anything to select or change, I have read similar questions. But In my registry Editor, can't do any changes. So I have to...

How do I disable the onboard video card on a Gateway GT-5032. [ 12 Answers ]

The onboard video card is starting to fail, I would like to install a GeForce FX 7200GS into the PCI Express slot but he new card is not being seen and I am thinking that I may need disable the onboard card first. Cannot find jumpers on mother board and cannot find anything in bios to disable...

HP Pavilion a1020n Fan Noise [ 1 Answers ]

I have the above model desktop. A few months back I noticed the fan started running almost at a higher speed or output. It lasts for less than 30 seconds, then it returns to the normal fan sound. It's loud when it kicks in. Any ideas as to why this is happening and what I can do?

No Sound SoundMax onboard [ 1 Answers ]

I have a P4P800 ASUS mobo with a 3.2Intel processor. My high end RME audio interface was dropped and does not work. I'm trying to get my onboard SoundMax card to work, but no sound. I just thought of uninstalling the RME drivers and removing the PCI card. Chuck

HP Pavilion a200n Desktop - no XP cd? [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased an HP Pavilion a200n Desktop in 2003 and am wanting to format the hardrive, but I now realized that I do not have an operating system CD. The HP website suggests creating a recovery CD. However, won't that just restore the system back to the state it was in when the recovery CD...

View more questions Search