Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renatoz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 02:32 PM
    How can I conect my vaio to lcd TV Samsung?
    How can I conect my vaio to lcd TV Samsung?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:14 PM

You can't connect a laptop to an LCD TV. You can, however, connect a PC through the video cord that would go to the monitor. There are special intake plugs on the back of your TV and if you don't have a compatible intake plug on your laptop you won't be able to connect. Sorry.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 28, 2009, 07:19 PM

It depends on what outputs you have on the laptop and whether there are compatible inputs on the TV.

Some TVs have VGA inputs. Some laptops have HDMI outputs.
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jan 11, 2010, 02:44 PM
    We need a bit more information.
    Can you try and decipher the different ports your Computer and TV have?

To explain. There are MANY video ports out there. These are the most common.
    VGA (Analog - Desktop use these most of the time.)
    DVI (Digital - Computers are beginning to switch to this now, it is also compatible with the next connection.)
    HDMI (Digital - High Definition, up to 1080p format.)
    S-Video (Analog - Most TVs have these now days)

Most Laptops have a VGA port, and sometimes a S-Video port, and more high end laptops have a HDMI port (Google the names of the ports for pictures!)

Most modern LCDs have S-Video.
    Modern HD LCD TVs have HDMI ports and sometimes VGA or DVI ports.

Because DVI and HDMI use the same Digital format you can convert them to each other, but HDMI transfers sound and video, while DVI only holds video.
    EX. Laptop has HDMI port but TV only have DVI port.
    You can buy an adapter to fit onto the HDMI cord to covert one end to DVI.

If your TV and Computer have any of the same ports just buy the corresponding cord!

(Note, the S-Video connection is quite bad, and very blurry)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaio compatabilty with Samsung LCD [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to connect my VAIO Laptop - VGN-FS115B to my Samsung LCD television without success. It would appear that my laptop it not sending a signal to the television. Has anybody else encountered this problem.

My vaio and Samsung lcd didn't compatible [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have the same problem and I didn't manage to solve it ! When I try to connect my Sony Vaio laptop (VGN-FJ1Z/W) to my Samsung LCD TV (LE37A556P1F) through VGA cable, it appears that the TV receive no signal : in the sources menu of the TV, the PC source is disabled. However the laptop...

Connecting VAIO laptop to external Samsung LCD TV [ 5 Answers ]

I have connected my VAIO VGN-TX770P laptop to Samsung LCD TV using a 15-pin SVGA cable. The TV fails to recognize PC input. I found updates to Intel chipset drivers and VGA events service utilities and installed both of them, but no success. I have found no BIOS update. Samsung support tells me...

Compatibility between Samsung LCD TV and Vaio notebook? [ 22 Answers ]

It did not work when I tried connecting my Sony Vaio VGN-FE660G notebook To Samsung LN-S4692D LCD TV using a monitor cable. So I wonder if there is any compatibility problem between these two? Thanks a lot.

View more questions Search