Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahmfrey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 01:19 PM
    I was born in Paris, France in 1970 an am a us citizen. How do I become french too?
    I was born in Paris in 1970 and declared US citizenship at age 16. Can I now apply to be a French citizen as well?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 1, 2010, 01:07 PM

French do recognize dual citizenship... if you parents had report your birth to the French authority, then you can claim French citizenship... start from birth certificate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to divorce and gain custody in Paris, France? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister Lives in paris and she has husband who is kind of psycho. He abuses them both emotionally and she would like to get a divorce from him with full custody of her child. Although she has never reported him to the police or taken any action against him. Her son is 13 years old and she is...

US born, French Father, want dual French Citizenship [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, If anyone can assist me. I am US born with a French father. I have called the French Consulate in Los Angeles (my closest one) and they weren't helpful at all. In fact, I was treated poorly. I am trying to find out the steps necessary in order to obtain dual US/French citizenship. My...

Dual Citizen US and France. Work in france? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a dual citizen of US and France. My Grandmother was a war bride and married my grandfather a US soldier, My grandmother extended it to her 5 of her children my mother being one of them and a few years ago my mother did all the paperwork to add me to the family tree. I am currently...

View more questions Search