Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timera08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 09:35 AM
    Slander in the workplace
    I was working as a residential caretaker under the supervision of a house manager, she was vindictive towards others, did not know how to talk to them, but when I started I thought as long as I did my job I would not have this problems, but that did not last long do as she say or be taken of the schedule and that's what she did, but I dealt with it for awhile so the team leader told me that people were saying that me and him was having sex because of what our house manager was telling them, it continued with another coworker asking the same question statements made from our house manager, so I felt out of place,uncomfortable to work with any of them because the statements were untrue but the listens to her and truly believe it so telling others make me put in for a transfer to another department, had to write a letter stating why I want the transfer, saying it was because of babysister issue but it wasn't, so my sheduled was change to wknd until a decision was made, for which I did not have to deal with her as much because I really needed my job it escalated to urguing yelling, so I just had to stop working, call the office to speak with the director left a message but know one called me back called another person she called back and stated she was going to let the director know, but no one called yet, I am depress, in hardship, can't sleep, headache because this was allow with no response, what can I do.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by timera08 View Post
    what can i do.
    Hello t:

You quit, and there isn't anything you can do. You HAD a chance to alert management about your supervisor, but you didn't. Maybe if you had told the truth then... But, you didn't.

Get yourself together and find another job. But, you can't stop gossip. That's all this was.

excon
    timera08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 09:47 AM

I was afraid to tell the truth,she retaliate by taking me off the schedule,before I quit I informe her manager but no one called, I could not work under anymore
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 11:57 PM
    Sometimes with these sort of situations there is NO winning - you may well have informed the manager about her, but no one would have believed you anyway. Women like that are smart as foxes and can outfox people like poor old you easily.

You've lost your job, but be thankful you've escaped. It was the only thing you could do, because there is no winning against people like that.

You can be assured that one day, she'll come across someone smarter than her and then she'll get her just deserts.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slander in the workplace [ 1 Answers ]

There is an intern that I use to work with. We were both interns until I became employed by the company. A rumor started about the intern and someone said I said it, which I did not. The intern then text messaged me; "I dont need this job remember, you do." and then another one stating; "And people...

Workplace policies [ 7 Answers ]

I'm asking advice for my daughter who is 16yrs & works for Sonic burger, she got written up Friday night for not trying hard enough to sell extra items to customers at the drive through/car hop when taking their orders, she was written up by the general manager & he not only wrote her up but told...

Slander and Defamation in the workplace [ 4 Answers ]

We have an employee who has been making accusations against other employees. She accused one coworker of taking bribes from customers, and today accused two other employees of having an affair. In neither case are these accusations true. On the first instance, she was reported to HR, who did an...

Slander/defamation in the workplace [ 20 Answers ]

How much can I sue a company for slander/defamation by an employer

View more questions Search