Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cosmic_Love Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 09:28 AM
    Bi & crushing on a straight girl. Not really sure if she is straight though.
    'Ello (:
    I will give you some foundation on my situation! :]

My name is Caitlin & I'm 14 years of age. I have been Bisexual for the past 2 years now & its something that I KNOW. I won't ever change being who I am. I am more into guys than girls. Bad experiences & such.

I have been in relationships with many girls, I'm sort of a flirt, but when it comes down to seriousness, I can do it.

Right now I'm a freshman & I'm best friends with a Junior who is a girl of course. She is 16, and soon as school started, we clicked like how Sonny & Cher were. Over time we have gotten to know each other and I won't say I'm IN LOVE with her, but I've fallen hard for her. When I first met her I thought she was bi, she just has that personality type and the way she carries herself.We have band together and she just comes over to me and sits on my lap or she will hug me out of know where. Sitting on my lap is a biggy, because she does it every time she sees me. I like it (: A lot.

But she smiles at me a lot and I make her laugh and I know I make her happy. Recently, I told her how I felt about her. I wrote her this really REALLY REALLY long Love/Like letter. How she is beautiful & I would do anything for her and if she needs anything she can have it. (Money isn't a problem for me, now I pay my own rent :/ Stupid mom making me pay boarding. LOL. Anyway,) It was a front and back page. She LOVED IT. She even texted me and told me she did. So that's a plus, when I told her how I felt, she said she would REALLY , SERIOUSLY think about going out with me. & Don't worry; I'm focused on my work. I'm a straight A+ student. But yeahh;

What to do?
    Are they mixed signals?
    She sits on my lap, she hugs me all the time.
    She told me she would really think about US?
    Does anyone think I have a chance?
    & yes I have a really huge problem with crushing and flirting with straight girls.

BE HONEST When answering;
    Sometimes the truth has to hurt in order to get the full understanding.

-Cosmic_Love <333:confused:

Dec 28, 2009, 09:28 AM

I mean I'm more into GIRLS THAT GUYS.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Love View Post
    'Ello (:
    I will give you some foundation on my situation! :]

My name is Caitlin & I'm 14 years of age. I have been Bisexual for the past 2 years now & its something that I KNOW. I won't ever change being who I am. I am more into guys than girls. Bad experiences & such.

I have been in relationships with many girls, I'm sort of a flirt, but when it comes down to seriousness, I can do it.

Right now I'm a freshman & I'm best friends with a Junior who is a girl of course. She is 16, and soon as school started, we clicked like how Sonny & Cher were. Over time we have gotten to know each other and I won't say I'm IN LOVE with her, but I've fallen hard for her. When i first met her I thought she was bi, she just has that personality type and the way she carries herself.We have band together and she just comes over to me and sits on my lap or she will hug me out of know where. Sitting on my lap is a biggy, because she does it every time she sees me. I like it (: ALOT.

But she smiles at me alot and I make her laugh and I know I make her happy. Recently, I told her how I felt about her. I wrote her this really REALLY REALLY long Love/Like letter. How she is beautiful & I would do anything for her and if she needs anything she can have it. (Money isn't a problem for me, now I pay my own rent :/ Stupid mom making me pay boarding. LOL. Anyways,) It was a front and back page. She LOVED IT. She even texted me and told me she did. So thats a plus, when i told her how I felt, she said she would REALLY , SERIOUSLY think about going out with me. & Don't worry; I'm focused on my work. I'm a straight A+ student. But yeahh;

What to do?
    Are they mixed signals?
    She sits on my lap, she hugs me all the time.
    She told me she would really think about US?
    Does anyone think I have a chance?
    & yes I have a really huge problem with crushing and flirting with straight girls.

BE HONEST When answering;
    Sometimes the truth has to hurt in order to get the full understanding.

-Cosmic_Love <333:confused:
    Let me get this straight(no pun intended). You've been best friends with this girl since the beginning of the school year, which has been approximately 4 months - she has never once said anything in regards to her sexuality? She's never said, "I like that guy" or even "I like that girl"??
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 03:53 PM

And let me get this straight - the OP is a freshman in high school and she makes reference to the relationship between Sonny and Cher? Really?

I'm surprised "she" even KNOWS who Sonny and Cher are, let alone how they "clicked."

Troll alert.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Dec 28, 2009, 05:38 PM

I see nothing mixed in her signals. If she said she's going to think about possibly dating you, then that's what she's going to do. Give her time. Don't pressure her. Don't change the way you act toward her. Just let her think about it. She'll let you know when she's reached a conclusion.

Dec 28, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    And let me get this straight - the OP is a freshman in high school and she makes reference to the relationship between Sonny and Cher? Really?

I'm surprised "she" even KNOWS who Sonny and Cher are, let alone how they "clicked."

Troll alert.
    I'm EXTREMELY offended Ms. My parents are 54 & 55 years old. Old school parents, they have been around the block and they know what's going on. I listen to Aretha Franklin, Earth Wind & Fire & Al green on a daily basis, so I deifinity know who Cher & Sonny are.

My music range has grown over the years and I listen to music all the Way from Asian Countries to Austraila. From Great Britain to India. So I know a lot about music. I have been well groomed. My parents have been over seas many times. I am very cultured because of them.

I just want you to know, I'm not your average hoochie mama teen, I know that music back then like Kurtis Blow was much MUCH better than this stuff that is corruting our youth.

So I think I should know who Sonny & Cher are Ms.

Dec 28, 2009, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    Let me get this straight(no pun intended). You've been best friends with this girl since the beginning of the school year, which has been approximately 4 months - she has never once said anything in regards to her sexuality? She's never said, "I like that guy" or even "I like that girl"????

She never really talks about guys , She is always talking about how cute girls are.

Like Tila Tequila for instance, we got into a whol conversation on how hot she was a while ago and I was like woooow.

Dec 28, 2009, 06:24 PM

Oops, I forgot the be in Corrupting, sorry.

Dec 28, 2009, 06:27 PM
    I meant P. lol xD today isn't my day.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:12 PM

Future reference, you can edit your posts. So you don't have to keep posting corrections.

Another thing, you seem pretty mature for your age, good for you.

I say don't push it, she's not giving you mixed signals, but let things happen when they're supposed to happen.

You seem to know yourself pretty well

It's easy for people to forget that they weren't COMPLETE idiots when they were younger, so it's also easy for them to just assume that every teenager is an idiot.

You seem to have a pretty level head, otherwise I wouldn't bother advising you, but I say keep doing what you're doing.
    I think you already know where things will be heading, and just wanted some confirmation. So don't worry, just keep being you and keep respecting yourself and others, and the rest will fall in to place. She said herself that she would consider it. Give it time. :)

Good luck. :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2009, 08:05 PM

And at 14 you are not or should not be "sexual" anything, you may have or prefer to date or go out with one sex over the other,

In the end, if you can't tell or ask them, then you are not close anyway

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Straight girl and a gay guy? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! So, I have this friend. He's gay. And last time I saw him he asked if I wanted to have sex with him. I almost said yes but decided no. What would it mean if I did have sex with him??

I'm a straight girl in love with a lesbian [ 4 Answers ]

So I'm 22 and have always been interested in guys until 6months ago. I met a girl in work who is a year younger than me and is an open lesbian. At first we were just friends and then I got told that she fancied me. As time went by I started to develop feelings for her but didn't tell anyone. We...

Lesbian in a relationship w a straight girl/ will it work? [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, This is kind of long winded because I have a lot to get out of my chest, so bail now if you don't want to do all this reading lol... Here's my situation: Met a girl at work, we hit it off well. I'm gay, 27, she's straight 34. When I came out to her at work in confidence, she was...

Why do straight women fool around with straight women: An open discussion. [ 55 Answers ]

Ever wondered why straight women fool around with other straight (or gay) women? Ever tried it? Ever regretted it? Thoughts?

View more questions Search