Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macooper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 08:40 AM
    Can I find out why I was placed in foster care as a child
    Why was I placed in foster care as a child I am now an adult and wish to know why
    hot hot hot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 09:38 AM
    [
    Yes but you will have to see a trained person who will interview you and they will ask you things like why do you want to know this, they will also check you out to make sure you are who you say are and not some weirdo, it can take some time for things to happen and information can be with held from you if it is thought it would be upsetting or harmfull to you or others, if your blood parents are alive I think (but not 100% sure) that they can request that you do not know the reason.

You might be better off contacting a social worker

I wish you good luck in your questQUOTE=;][/QUOTE]
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2010, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hot hot hot View Post
    [
    yes but you will have to see a trained person who will interview you and they will ask you things like why do you want to know this, they will also check you out to make sure you are who you say are and not some weirdo, it can take some time for things to happen and information can be with held from you if it is thought it would be upsetting or harmfull to you or others, if your blood parents are alive I think (but not 100% sure) that they can request that you do not know the reason.

You might be better off contacting a social worker

I wish you good luck in your questQUOTE=;]
    [/QUOTE]

What is the source of this information? What "trained person" do you suggest OP should consult?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 16, 2010, 02:15 PM

You need to contact the department of family services where you were placed in foster care. This may not be in the state you currently reside in. It also may not be a state agency, but a county or local agency.

It's possible your records are sealed and you may not get them, but that's where you start. Good Luck
    babysaver Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Jan 29, 2010, 10:04 PM

Contact the legal department of the CPS in the county you were placed in. They can tell you how to obtain the investigation that led to you being removed from your home.
    messica777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2010, 05:26 PM
    How can I find out if I was in foster care. And can I get benafits

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foster care? [ 1 Answers ]

Can my parents give up their rights and put me in foster care? My step mom wants me to go. Can she do that? My mom has no legal custody of me. My dad and step mom have full guardianship. Im kind of worried

I was in foster care and I want to find my real family [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can find my real mother? I know that she has gotten remarried since I was put into care so now I don't know what or how to find her

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

Foster care [ 1 Answers ]

I hate my life at home so much, today my mum even told me she wants me out her life. So I want to take action and become fostered, but I don't know where to start?! Pleasee help mee!!

View more questions Search