Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freemindd57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 03:36 PM
    SemiFormal Attire... is my dress appropriate?
    So I have to go to my boyfriends christmas party (yea I know that it is early to think about it but id like to get it over with). I figured that I would just wear my mothers tahari dress (thrift shop, $38). It is a long black dress to the ground, sleeveless with a low v neck and 5 or 6 jewels down from the point of the v. Is this too dressy for a semiformal party? Would it be OK and look less formal if I simply did no jewelry and a simple hairdo (just down or a low ponytail)?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 14, 2006, 04:03 PM
    It seems to me that the difference between semi-formal and formal means shortened hem length too. The dress you described sounds more like formal. You got it right in that both are dressy but formal more so. Is there a means to make the dress shorter, with a belt or actually hemmed?
    velvetjones Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Nov 20, 2006, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by freemindd57
    So I have to go to my boyfriends christmas party (yea I know that it is early to think about it but id like to get it over with). I figured that I would just wear my mothers tahari dress (thrift shop, $38). It is a long black dress to the ground, sleeveless with a low v neck and 5 or 6 jewels down from the point of the v. Is this too dressy for a semiformal party? Would it be ok and look less formal if I simply did no jewelry and a simple hairdo (just down or a low ponytail)?
    A floor-length dress or gown sounds pretty formal to me, but heck, it depends on what the rest of the party-goers are like. I'd try and find out what others are wearing. Me, I'd wear a 70's velvet gown from my thrift store collection to the grocery store if I was in the mood. If you love your dress and don't give a hoot what others think, then do what you got to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About my plan of selling dress [ 5 Answers ]

Dear sir, Just as I introduced by myself. I own my factory of dress and weddings. We have sold many countries, The customers are all not very big. :mad: but I want to extent the market. So can you help me how to do it? Or where can I get their trust. Thank you!

Bride dress. [ 9 Answers ]

Please my friend is getting married,and I would like you to give me all the sites that are available for a bride dress.Thanks.

I need help with picking a dress. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a sophomore and I am going to my boyfriends schools semi-formal winter carnival dance. I don't want to be to dressed up since I don't know many of the people there. I am 5' 4", brownish hair, brown eyes, freckles, and kind of tan but not really. And I like darker colors. I also am not looking...

Dress color drama [ 1 Answers ]

Well I have dcided to have something different for grad, so I decided that I am going to have a tekchita made for my grad dress. This style is from morocco,africa. Anyhow, I can't decide what color to have my tekchita. I have fair skin tone, hazelish green eyes, my face shape I guess is round,I'm...

Help! Need dress [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here is my scenario. I have all of my bridesmaid dresses and my dress, but I need semi formal dresses for my candlelighters that aren't expensive (Like under $40) They have to have thick straps and be covering everything (couldnt think of the word) Can anybody help me? :( :confused:

View more questions Search