Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunrunner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 02:42 PM
    Help! Squeaky Dryer
    Help! My Maytag Heavy Duty Dryer, Model #DE313 has started squealing continuously. A high pitched squeal. Any suggestions?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 14, 2006, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrunner
    Help! My Maytag Heavy Duty Dryer, Model #DE313 has started squealing continuously. A high pitched squeal. Any suggestions?
    Mine is doing the same, very hi pitched squeal. I bet it's either the belt if there is one on your model or it's bearings. I am going to let mine go until either I can't stand the noise or it dies. Then go get a new one since mine is 20 years old, not worth fixing just to have it have another issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squeaky Clothes Dryer [ 118 Answers ]

My dryer makes these brutal high pitch squeaking sounds. Does anyone know what might be causing it and how to fix it? It`s about a 5 year old Frigidaire Thx

Squeaky Clothes Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Whirpool Model #DDE6500GALAD. I have removed the back access panel and can see the drum belt and two pulley wheels through which the belt is threaded. I do not see any way to tighten the belt or do not know how to replace the belt if it needs replacing. Any ideas??

Samsung squeaky dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All: I have been following the threads on squeaky dryers. I have a (just) one year old Samsung stackable dryer (model DV4006) that has just started squeaking. First it was intermittent, now it is continuous (and piercing!). Is it normal for these parts to go so quickly? I hope to try to...

Squeaky dryer [ 6 Answers ]

We have a dryer that is obnoxiously squeaking every time that the drumb spins... first off I don't know what is wrong with it... second we would like to fix it... but my big question is it safe to use in the mean time?? Lastnight I hung all my wet clothes in the garage and guess what?? Yep... they...

View more questions Search