Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommypianotunes Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Have letter from doctor stating I am terminally ill will this end my probation?
    I have violated my probation after 11 months because I cannot pay the fine.
    I have a terminal illness, and documentation from a doctor confirming this, and from and mri showing severe arthritis in my back.
    I have done 102 hours of community service and paid
    $725.00 towards my fine of $2,700 fine.
    My first ua turned up positive for pot.
    The judge sent me back to take another ua that day and it was clean.
    On the 22cnd I had another ua, that will likely turn up positive for alcohol.
    My original charge was dui 2--26 years apart from #1.
    My girlfriend left me and took the car so I am now on a bike trying to get an hour to community service with severe back pai.
    Will the judge end my community service and end my court probation due to the letter of terminal illness or not?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2009, 01:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypianotunes View Post
    will the judge end my community service and end my court probation due to the letter of terminal illness or not?
    Hello again, tommy:

Probably not. But, if you have ANY chance, you're going to need a lawyer to plead your case... Cause if you don't, the only lawyer making arguments on your petition is going to be the prosecutor, and he's not on your side.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early 401k withdrawal for terminally ill [ 6 Answers ]

My house mate was recently diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. He has about 6 -12 months to live. Still officially employed by Sears, he is not working and receives California unemployment insurance benefits. He has a 401k worth approx. 4k and is having a difficult time finding out why he...

Supporting the terminally ill [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best way to support someone who is terminally ill and extreemly depressed about it. He speaks of suicide and is saying his good-byes to everyone. Should I go visit or just make myself available?

View more questions Search