Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    conn1e Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 10:22 AM
    No lights on alarm pad
    I set my burglar alarm last night but this morning none of the lights are lit, including the red active light. I put in my code, but am afraid to open the door because I might set off the alarm all day. (my instruction manual is in the garage, which is activated) Help!:)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:16 AM

Wonder if you lost AC to power transformer or transformer? Battery would have taken over and may went dead as well.
    If power is all the way down, it shouldn't trigger the alarm.
    Any way to test any voltages?
    Manufacturer/Model of Panel?
    conn1e Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 11:28 AM

Thank you for your input. I finally got the nerve to open the door and no bell, so I guess the battery is very dead. Don't know if the battery is the only power or not. Have an alarm company coming to check. It is a Napco system
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 12:01 PM

I would check all circuit breakers, You may find a White or tan transformer plugged into receptacle, receptacle must have power,
    AC power keeps the battery charged, The battery takes over during short power outages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tail light, dashboard lights, gear lights not working [ 11 Answers ]

My dashboard , tail lights are not working anymore and I can't figure out why. I gave my car to one of the mechanic and he could'nt figure it out as well. There was a tingy smell coming out of the car after lights went out as if something in the car got fried. Moreover, now he says that whenever he...

How do I wire 6 recessed lights to 1 dimmer switch with 12-3 power and 12-2 to lights [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire 6 recessed lights to 1 dimmer switch with 12-3 power wire source and 12-2 to between the 6 lights and then using 12-2 witing to the single pole switch?--need your help please

Tail Lights, Dash and Gear Lights not working (91 Ford Laser) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone here can help. My tail / dash / gear lights are not functioning. My brake and headlights are fine. I have done a little research on a few sites and found out that all 3 are connected to the same fuse, so I checked my fuses. But they look fine (kept reading about how to go...

1994 MGM, Parking lights and side marker lights not working? [ 5 Answers ]

MY parking lights and side marker lights are not working, also my gauge lights are not working. When I press the brakes, all my lights work, my headlights also work and my turn signals and hazard lights turn on, but my inside gauge lights, side marker lights, and parking lights are not on. What...

3 lights ran between 2 3-ways, can one of these lights be controlled by a 3rd switch? [ 2 Answers ]

There are 3 lights connected, 2 in one room and the third at the bottom of the stairs. There is a 3-way at the top of the stairs and another in the room with the 2 lights. This guy would like to also be able to switch off just the 3rd light at the bottom of the stairs. I did not dig into this too...

View more questions Search