Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tesyo74 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 06:29 AM
    Leaving at mother in law´s house is good idea for you?
    Leaving at mother in law´s house is good idea for you?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2009, 11:05 AM

Do you mean "living" at mother in law's house?

Or leaving? Leaving what?

Dec 27, 2009, 11:19 AM

Yes living... Im so sorry for that .
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 27, 2009, 11:53 AM
    Not a good idea for me. While I love my MIL to death, their house is too small for me, my husband and my 2 children.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 27, 2009, 12:39 PM

Well I wouldn't mind living at my Mother in laws house, seeing as she passed on and the house is empty.

Now, if she was alive, no way! I think it's important to be the head woman in my house. I wouldn't be able to live by her rules because it's her house.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 27, 2009, 03:50 PM

Do you live there now or are you thinking about moving in with her to take care of her?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2009, 06:35 PM

Where do you live, where is husband living now ?
    Is there money troubles that require this, or does MIL need a caregiver to help her.

Also what culture, since with some families living together is more common.

Dec 28, 2009, 04:40 AM

We are actually living in my mother in law´s house for 8 yrs. She has this nerve problem and we need to look after her for that. But the problem is, we are the one who looking her after, but all her pension money is in the hands of my sister in law who is not living with us. The worst thing of all, the house of my mother in law is already written in my sister in law´s name (without our knowledge).
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 28, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tesyo74 View Post
    We are actually living in my mother in law´s house for 8 yrs. She has this nerve problem and we need to look after her for that. But the problem is, we are the one who looking her after, but all her pension money is in the hands of my sister in law who is not living with us. The worst thing of all, the house of my mother in law is already written in my sister in law´s name (without our knowledge).
    So the main issue is that you want to be paid for looking after your MIL.

Well, talk to her, or move out and tell the sister in law to move in and care for her mother, seeing as she's the one being paid.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 28, 2009, 01:55 PM
    The only way the property could have been legally transferred is for your MIL or someone with her power of attorney agreed to the transfer. Is your MIL competent? Is she aware? Does she know the property was transferred?

If her pension is going to the SIL, then she likely has power of attorney. Why was this not given to your husband when you moved in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having tenant leave money order in box attached to house- good idea? [ 28 Answers ]

We are getting ready to have a rental property and I was curious if we are allowed or if it is a good idea to put a box on the front of house (like old mail boxes used to be) for the tenant to leave their rent (in form of money order) in for us to pick up? We live in Indiana and have been told that...

Can't stand mother in law in my house [ 1 Answers ]

I was married 15 yrs ago . House was originally owned by bro in law and wife. Wife and I bought out bro in law but mother in law stayed. Before I knew wife, mother in law helped them with a down payment on house. Mother in law has no legal document or lease on home. Been with her too long. ...

I Want To Be A Good Mother-in-law [ 1 Answers ]

I have the mother in law from hell. I swore when I became a mother in law that I would never do to another woman the things my mother in law has done me. I have never had problems with my oldest sons wife. We get along wonderfully. My youngest son married approximately 3 years ago. He became...

View more questions Search