Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irock2006 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 02:35 AM
    Jelousy? Or testosterone acting up?
    Here's what hapenned from A to Z.
    I've been dating my boyfriend for 6 weeks now and he has always been an acquaintance of mine in the past.

So one morning I find a message from him. He says he's very upset about something. I text him "what is it" and he says this: "Am i not enough for u? the last thing i expected u to do is to have a pic of some guy i don't know in an album in FB. i'm very upset and i regret even looking at the album."

He was upset about me posting a pic of a friend of mine on FB.

I talk to him later. I explained that he is my friend and that there is nothing to worry about. He said " i looked at his profile and i don't like this guy at all."

"is it because he's emo?" I said. Then I continued " well he's not. it's the way he like to look".

I don't understand what he's flippin' about really. Is he jealous? Or is he the possessive type? I don't feel the same way about him after this had happened. I'm very uncomfortable and it doesn't help that he explains his behavior is because he loves me and cares about me.

I'm not sure what to do. It's either he's posessive or he's insecure and feels threatened by the other guy.

I don't know lol. Help?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 27, 2009, 05:42 AM

When you go from friend to couple, you will see a different side of him. There seems to have been a better friendship than what you have now- immaturity, unfounded suspicion, and misplaced jealousy.

You are right to question the connection between his words and their meaning, when he says that he loves and cares about you. Love is not what he's showing in my opinion.

Trust your instinct. If it doesn't feel right, and the relationship being so new, maybe proceed with caution.

He could be insecure, unsure of himself, and hasn't learned the art of trusting you enough to say how he's feeling, so he instead finds a 'reason' for it.

Jealousy can put the boots to a relationship faster than lightening, just be careful.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 10:39 AM

Hmm... you after six weeks it's a bit much to vocalize jealousy of friends, I'd be uncomfortable too. I'm certain this is just a taste of what is to come.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 02:49 PM

Men and women can get extremely jealous and posessive. I don't think testosterone is the cause. It's ridiculous for this guy to do this to you. He's clearly overreacting. If you continue a relationship with him, there's a good chance that he will end up demanding passwords from you, and/or making you get rid of all your other guy friends, which is not right- it's controlling. This is a BIG red flag, especially if you're only 6 weeks in. I would consider moving onto a guy that you actually deserve, and who doesn't treat you this way.
    bswc Posts: 197, Reputation: 22

Dec 30, 2009, 10:07 PM

I'd say its jealousy, and insecurities. Mark this, its HIM, not you. Give him all the reasons to trust you, and tell him about it. If he's possessive, keep apart from Facebook might be a good idea.

Nonetheless, he needs to work on his problems with your support to make this relationship work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jelousy is breaking my marriage and my life up [ 4 Answers ]

I have a big problem with jealousy. I am in iraq and my wife is in germany still. She works at the gym and there are a lot of guys that come in and flirt with her. But there is a couple of them that she says are her friends and they went and hung out at a bar. There were a few of her girl friends...

Jelousy issues [ 9 Answers ]

I love my boyfriend and he is my world but I hate seeing him with other girls only when he looks like he likes them more than me =[ I feel he doesn't care about me as much as I care about him. I always catch him flirting and he doesn't think he's doing it . I really just don't feel like I'm good...

Any suggestions about jelousy issues? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey. So I have some jelousy issues and I need help. I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years and I'm ruining my relationship cause I'm so jelous. I trust him and don't think that he would ever cheat on me.. I know how girls are.. NO AFFENSE but really. I get pissed if I think I see him looking at...

Do you think its jelousy [ 9 Answers ]

K so I have a new boyfriend that I know that I really like a lot but I can't help it when my ex doesn't talk to me doesn't text me back call me or anything and when he talks to other girls I know he's not mine anymore so I can't really complain about ti after all I did break up with him. But I miss...

Testosterone? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a woman and I had a blood test taken and my testosterone levels were higher than average at 3.1 where its usually between 0.4 - 2.7. I am curious to why it is higher and how I can get it down to a normal level. I don't have many girlfriends and am with my fiancée all the time. Does hanging out...

View more questions Search