Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raven10206 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 05:42 PM
    I was suppose to get paid Thursday December 24, 2009 and still have not been paid.
    My employer was suppose to pay me last Thursday, we were not paid. What are my rights?
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Dec 26, 2009, 05:43 PM

Ask your employer when you will receive your pay.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2009, 07:04 PM

1. where do you live ( work)
    2. what type of business
    3. have they been open over the holidays
    4. how do you normaly get paid, check, direct deposit, cash
    5, when did you last see them.

If it was a direct deposit, very likely the banks ( ast lesat in the US) did ot process any payments, I know in my accounts nothing has been done since Wednesday on the accounts as to process debts or payments
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2009, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by raven10206 View Post
    What are my rights?
    Hello raven:

You have the right to get paid for your work. If you feel you won't get paid, quit and sue them in small claims court. It's quick, cheap and easy.

excon
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2009, 07:37 PM

Sometimes during the holidays, banks are a few days late receiving, and processing, checks and payments. Have you talked to your employer?
    mcelroydr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 04:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    1. where do you live ( work)
    2. what type of business
    3. have they been open over the holidays
    4. how do you normaly get paid, check, direct deposit, cash
    5, when did you last see them.

If it was a direct deposit, very likely the banks ( ast lesat in the US) did ot process any payments, I know in my accounts nothing has been done since wednesday on the accounts as to process debts or payments
    Very important questions. Another one is, has this happened before?

I had to deal with this from a road flagging company, and it wasn't until I threatened to get BOLI involved that anything happened. I learned the hard way that labor laws vary greatly in different industries; this could just be a simple holiday mixup, or someone slacking a little. Whatever happens, don't stop pursuing it until you're satisfied, and don't tolerate excuses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wasn't paid right [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question about my job I worked over time for 2 weeks and the over time alone is 14.00 an hour my hours I worked was 80 for the 2 week I got no over time and my check was not right what can I do about the money that I didn't get

H1B full year 2009. Married in December 09 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello AtlantaTaxExpert. You have been helpful in the past and I am sure I would get valuable informaiton from you. I have been working in the US on H1B all of last year 2008 (Some days (21) out of country for vacation). I got married in December and my wife has been with me in the US as a...

View more questions Search