Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aten13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 01:00 PM
    Satan
    When God created angels I understand that Lucifer (Satan) had a different name. Does anyone know that name?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 14, 2006, 01:03 PM
    Check this out, it's pretty indepth, but should help.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Nov 15, 2006, 12:29 AM
    This article will also be helpful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer
    jesusis4me Posts: 3, Reputation: 4

Nov 15, 2006, 12:31 AM
    Simply put satan was the "angel of light"

Hope that helps,

Holly
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 15, 2006, 12:43 AM
    Holly is correct. Good answer. One of the proteins responsible for illumination in fireflies is called "luciferin." Translated from Latin, lucifer literally means "light bringing."
    aten13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 03:26 AM
    In reading I came across the name 'Ha Shatan'. Meaning the accuser. Was this before he was known as Lucifer? Thanks for the answers already given. Hope someone can elaborate on this.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Nov 15, 2006, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aten13
    In reading I came across the name 'Ha Shatan'. Meaning the accuser. Was this before he was known as Lucifer? Thanks for the answers already given. Hope someone can elaborate on this.

It was after he rebelled and accused God of lying and having ulterior selfish motives for prohibiting the eating of the fruit.

Genesisd 3:

2And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil

He later began accusing other angels of serving God for selfish purposes and not really because they loved righteousness and wished to be obedient to their heavenly father.

“Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, 'Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.'” Revelation 12:10

He also accuses God's faithful servants humans of doing the same.

Job 1:

8And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

9Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

10Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? Thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

11But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

BTW
    Note that during Job's day Satan was allowed access to heaven where he did his accusing. Which explains the scripture in Revelation which prophesied that he and his minions were as yet to be cast out of heaven permanently. That's because the book of Revelations speaks about things which had as yet not taken place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search